Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spicynujac

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2012
Ipod touch and iphone are too similar to me. In face I can talk and video chat on my touch with apps, so it does everything an iphone does except for gps. I would much prefer a combo with an ipad mini instead. I do like having a phone plus other device that I can use to edit my calender, browse websites, etc while I'm talking. I currently have dumb phone plus ipod touch.

hagr182

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Depends, I might get one, if they announce a 6th gen this fall or early next year. I already own a macbook, ipad 2 and iphone 4S, so id get one to free space on the phone and use the ipod to store most of my favorite music (a rather small selection of faves since my collection is over 550 Gigs so no hope of getting it on an ipod) and some apps.

I use the iphone with streaming apps such as 8tracks, netflix, hulu and pandora so I dont really need but 20 or 30 songs with me at all times (for when im out on a run). The ipod would house my collections and be an in car and in bedroom music device mostly.

Also I get to try the larger screen before my contract ends on late 2014 and get myself the future iphone 6

MissDaria

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2013
Assuming simply a matter of preference rather than finance, I'd have both. For no especially deep reason I like to have my media player and my phone as separate objects.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.