Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcomac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
i ordered iphone 5 and when i ordered it, its suppose to be delivered 9-10th. but now when i got to track my package, it says it will be delivered on the 7th. usually its nice to get things earlier but im not going to be home at that time and wont be back until the 9th. what will happen to my package if im not there to receive it? is there a way to delay the delivery?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
i ordered iphone 5 and when i ordered it, its suppose to be delivered 9-10th. but now when i got to track my package, it says it will be delivered on the 7th. usually its nice to get things earlier but im not going to be home at that time and wont be back until the 9th. what will happen to my package if im not there to receive it? is there a way to delay the delivery?

I don't know if there's a way to delay the delivery (I don't think there is) but, depending on where you live, you may be able to pre-sign for the delivery, upon which they'll leave it at your front door, or they'll attempt to re-deliver it the next day (and maybe the day after that as well). If they can't seem to catch you when you're home, you'll likely be able to pick it up at a nearby distribution center for whichever company is delivering the phone.

More info from Apple here: http://store.apple.com/us/help/shipping_delivery#delivery

pcomac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
how many times would they try to redeliver before i have to go to ups center?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
how many times would they try to redeliver before i have to go to ups center?

Depends on where you live, I think. For me, in Boston (i.e. US), I believe they make three (3) attempts total before holding it at their facility.

See below:

Missed Delivery Notice
1.gif
inf_notice_1_v2.gif
1.gif
1.gif
At the top, you'll see the date the UPS InfoNotice was left and whether it was the first, second, or final attempt. UPS makes up to three delivery attempts, excluding weekends and holidays. UPS will return to shipper all Ground packages after the final delivery attempt, with the exception of packages where the shipper requested a delivery signature. All Signature Required, Adult Signature Required, Air, UPS 3 Day Select® and International packages will be held for five business days to give the customer time to make arrangements to receive their packages.
Source: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/infonotice.html

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I think on the UPS site, there maybe a place for you to change delivery method to HOLD FOR PICKUP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.