Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:37 AM   #26
JHankwitz
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to JHankwitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagless View Post
Bowblade? That sounds like a real weapon. A very dangerous weapon. Like a knifegun, or a bombfork.
Right! That bow-string might scrape the skin off your arm. Almost as dangerous as a slingshot, except the iPhone's position prevents you from loading or shooting any type of projectile.
JHankwitz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:43 AM   #27
notjustjay
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonGlitch View Post
For $185, go buy yourself a real bow and arrow, some bales of hay and go out and learn how to really shoot a bow and arrow. You know, like learning a skill in the outdoors. Amazing what crap people think will sell.
Agreed. Bought my first bow from an online store called Archery Exchange, it was a pretty nice one for well under $100 and with a little practice I was regularly hitting my cardboard box target stuffed with newspapers and phone books. A fun diversion. However, for those in urban/suburban areas, check your local bylaws about the legality of firing a weapon in your backyard.

This toy looks cute, but how often are you really going to play with it before putting in the closet?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:37 AM   #28
RedTomato
macrumors 68040

This is the biggest pile of wanky wank I ever saw. It's a bow thingy with a pistol trigger. So you shoot arrows as if they were bullets. And you don't even need to reload the 'arrows'. So it's just like a real bow then?

It's not even like a crossbow - crossbows do have triggers but they still need to be cranked back each time a bolt is fired.

Looking at the YouTube video above, it still seems an utter waste of pointless space & difficult to store - and more expensive and less fun than a real bow - but they seem to be selling it as a static flex workout accessory. That seems to make slightly more sense. Holding a tension for several minutes is a bit of a (very mediocre ) workout. It's still useless rubbish though.
RedTomato is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:11 PM   #29
Bandit27
macrumors newbie

Buying one for sure

I can't wait for this. It will definitely make my morning commute on the subway more fun! Probably good on a flight as well to pass the time.
Bandit27 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:41 PM   #30
iRCL
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisST View Post
Meh... looks cool now, but will waste storage space, next to those Guitar Hero and Rock Band instruments...
Yeah, I bet it will be a huge failure just like Guitar Hero and Rock Band were
iRCL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:16 PM   #31
iPhysicist
macrumors 6502a

There is a awful lot of money to be made with computer games and accessory that can be used for rehabilitation. This "thing" seems to "aim" at this market but is clearly not well thought over.

Make it a real training bow and an app THEN charge 185$. REAL means as real as possible without arrows (for you dear inventor as you will probably read this).

You get 10/10 Points for the idea but not a single one for realization.
iPhysicist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 02:49 PM   #32
GenesisST
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRCL View Post
Yeah, I bet it will be a huge failure just like Guitar Hero and Rock Band were
FFS, I didn't say that RB and GH were failures... I just said that the instruments are mostly in storage nowadays...

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion