Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
200MB takes seconds to download and less than a minute to install. You can always defer the update until it's a more convenient time for yourself to install, which any sensible person would do if they needed to urgently access/create a document.

Sometimes many months go by without an update. So stop complaining about things for the sake of it, it's foolish.
Not all of us have connections that fast, or even options to get connections that fast... 'tis a shame, that.

I don't use Office:Mac because I have no need to collaborate with people who do use Office documents. The few times I do have to deal with these files, I can open them in LibreOffice just fine, and make any edits I want since I never share the edited versions. ;)

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Digital Frontier
I hear that many people complaint about large updates, it has to do with the way Mac apps work, with every application has to have all of the resources it needs, no share resource like Windows does.

But seriously people if you feel that you don't need the update, you can always wait till the next version to update. Don't really understand the complaint there, at least they are still supporting the software.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
I have never come across a reason as to why PC version of Office is also so much better and easier to use than the MAC version of Office which is very strange.

They wan't people to shift to a PC in the long term?

Libreoffice and Open office is not used in the business environment, never come across a business using it, being honest they are more home user tools. While Apple probably never wanted to produce a more advanced version of Numbers to compete with Excel.

I was referring to using it as a tool for home users. But even in this case you should be able to open and edit a Powerpoint Presentation without totally messing up its layout. I was a contributer, but it didn't make any sense at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.