Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sportsnapper

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
UK
I'm using the 14 day trial version that you can download from the web site. So far it's pretty good, syncs well with the IOS versions (though I seem to get lots of alerts when everything goes off at once!)

I'd say try it before you commit to the app store version.

I really like the hot key that allows you to add a task whilst you're in the middle of something else - and it pops up over your active app so you've sort of got the focus - you don't need to witch screens etc.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Hopefully, it would be much overdue update to iOS is forthcoming.

The iOS version is very buggy and neglected, lacking support for iPad with retina display and iPhone 5.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I played with the trial version some more. My impressions.

The UI reminded me a bit of Due app. Double clicking on the reminder reveals a toolbar underneath. I like the look of the UI overall, but very subtle use of contrast and tacky toolbar themes (default Graphite is fine) diminishes otherwise fine UI.

Some usability issues bound. Beyond due date and alarm state, there's no way to display additional data.

Like the iOS version, 2Do requires entering iCloud account information to integrate with Reminder apps. I am always iffy when sharing such sensitive information to third party apps. Furthermore, 2Do requires clicking on "sync" button to work reliably (automatic sync rarely worked for me). Worse, syncing often locks the app completely (dreaded modal "Merging sync data, Please wait..." dialog sheet).

In comparison, Fantastical pulls in Reminders (and Calendar) data directly, which means zero configuration and no need for sync.

I realize 2Do's $29.99 is cheaper than OmniFocus ($79.99) or Things ($49.99), but it doesn't have nearly as much features to warrant such high price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.