Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

piker944

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
Seattle
I ordered a top of the line 21.5" iMac from Macmall on Jan 1, 2013. The shipping estimate on the site was "Usually ships in 7-10 days" (same as what the Apple site says). Here we are 18 days later, and when I talked to their sales department, they're now telling me the estimate is Feb 13. - 44 days!!!!

Is this normal? Is this fair? Shouldn't they modify the shipping estimate advertisements?

If I had ordered from Apple directly, would it have come any faster??? (ordered from Macmall to save on taxes)

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
I ordered a top of the line 21.5" iMac from Macmall on Jan 1, 2013. The shipping estimate on the site was "Usually ships in 7-10 days" (same as what the Apple site says). Here we are 18 days later, and when I talked to their sales department, they're now telling me the estimate is Feb 13. - 44 days!!!!

Is this normal? Is this fair? Shouldn't they modify the shipping estimate advertisements?

If I had ordered from Apple directly, would it have come any faster??? (ordered from Macmall to save on taxes)

My guess is you are attempting to save money which is why you bought from Macmall. Unfortunately there is a shortage of product and the resellers orders are not the highest priority to Apple, their stores and on-line stores are. So you have a couple of choices, wait until it arrives from Macmall or if you need one sooner then cancel and re-order from Apple. Apple is generally accurate on there ship dates, currently in the US online store they are showing 7-10 days.

Remember you do get what you pay for, well usually you do! ;-)

piker944

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
Seattle
Update

I ended up cancelling my order with Macmall and going direct through Apple. At this point, it probably would have arrived around Feb 10-13 either way, but at least Macmall won't get my money.

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008
I ordered my iMac December 12 and it delivered on 1/15...this was ordered from Apple (27"). These iMacs are either, high demand or are taking a while to manufacture. It was hard to be without a desktop for over a month, but worth it....I am sure MacMall would have delivered if they could have and probably are quoting dates that they have in their system per apple....if Apple delays them then nothing they can do.

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
I ordered a 27" from apple on 1/30 and it arrived on 12/26.

My old 2007 iMac always seemed ok but the new one it something else. The fusion drive cranks.

Waiting is painful but I think in the end you will feel it's worth the wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.