Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ecwhite4S

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I dont even wanna try on mine, too OCD, dont wanna worry about my home button on top of it all haha.

Hopefully if it goes bad on any of our devices (if that could result) itll be before the 1 year warranty is up!

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Yep it does. My 3GS doesn't. Not gonna take it in over this though. It only wiggles if you keep your finger on it and try moving it around. It clicks/operates just fine though. My iPod touch wiggled. Its hit or miss.

Don't really care.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
Yes they do wiggle. It's normal. Altogether my family has 8 iPhones, we've had every new model to date. Here's our experience in order.

1) Home button wiggled.

2) Home button begins to fail, working off and on.

3) Home button fails rendering phone bricked.

4) Replace iPhone

5) Repeat. :)

I'm wondering if Apple will ever stop clinging to old tech and update to a touch sensitive home button like our Androids have. Not one has failed. I've never had to replace an Android that failed. They Just Work. They're terrific :D

ecwhite4S

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I'm wondering if Apple will ever stop clinging to old tech and update to a touch sensitive home button like our Androids have. Not one has failed. I've never had to replace an Android that failed. They Just Work. They're terrific :D

There was a recent discussion about this. Many Android users complain that the capacitive buttons are easily pressed accidentally, which causes some trouble. I'm sure that's why Apple still has a physical button. Not saying that Apple will NEVER go touch sensitive, but if/when they do, I'm sure they'll try to make it as user friendly as possible.

danielceleste

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
YOU GUYS.

I bought my iPhone from a friend and it did that too. You can, of course, get a replacement at the Genius Bar. On the other hand, of you're out of the warranty period, click the home button again and again and again and again and again...

It will go away.

S

syd430

YOU GUYS.

I bought my iPhone from a friend and it did that too. You can, of course, get a replacement at the Genius Bar. On the other hand, of you're out of the warranty period, click the home button again and again and again and again and again...

It will go away.

If any of the members that posted in this thread several decades ago are still alive, I'm sure they will appreciate your timely advice.

blowfish2314

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2014
Because people need to wake up and be realistic, it's not a million dollar piece of german made medical equipment. It's a $200 chinese made telephone.

Not only that, but a few years from now it'll be in a landfill somewhere.

The button wiggles... move on.

actually the phone components are made in Germany and it's assembled in China.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
Does Your Home Button Wiggle?

Wiggle wiggle wiggle

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.