Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:08 AM   #26
susa
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus32 View Post
$200 for an extra 48GB is not a bargain.

For the same amount, you can rent 100GB of storage in the Cloud for two years and share it between devices.
Sounds ok, but don't you have to be in range of wifi then to access your music in the Cloud?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:49 AM   #27
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by susa View Post
Sounds ok, but don't you have to be in range of wifi then to access your music in the Cloud?
Any connection will work. Cellular, Wi-Fi or even a tethered connection. You can also choose to download albums if you are going to be without a connection.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:48 AM   #28
susa
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Any connection will work. Cellular, Wi-Fi or even a tethered connection. You can also choose to download albums if you are going to be without a connection.
Yes. Thx. I certainly wouldn't need access to all music all the time: I could create a variety of playlists. Great idea. I'm using iCloud a little, but more amounts of cloud storage sounds as if it's the way to go for a lot of reasons. (Still time to exchange the iPad. which I'll seriously consider).
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:57 AM   #29
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by susa View Post
Yes. Thx. I certainly wouldn't need access to all music all the time: I could create a variety of playlists. Great idea. I'm using iCloud a little, but more amounts of cloud storage sounds as if it's the way to go for a lot of reasons. (Still time to exchange the iPad. which I'll seriously consider).
Just know that iCloud storage cannot be used as you see fit. If you want access to your iTunes library on the go, you'll need to sign up for iTunes Match from the iTunes Store.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:21 AM   #30
isacikgoz
macrumors newbie

16 gigs, cuz i realize that i never use more than 8-9 gigs at specific time. and it teaches me to delete apps or vids that i don't use anymore. and saves my estra 100-200 bucks at the same time.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:10 AM   #31
normwood
macrumors 6502a

32 gig wifi. I'm testing the waters with the Mini and was trying to be conservative on the spend.

Like a lot of people I am going on the assumption that at some point in the future there will be a version with a Retina display that I will want so no sense blowing the big $$$ now.

I didn't intend to load my 14 gigs of music on it anyway. I listen to music on my 4s.

Steve
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:40 AM   #32
Patriks7
macrumors 65816

Ordered my mom a 32GB as she wants to keep lots of pictures and stuff on it. Going to get myself a 16GB as a device to just browse on at home.
Patriks7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:45 AM   #33
maflynn

I opted for the base 16gb model. I'm pleased with that, I keep my music on my iPhone so the 16gb mini has more then enough storage at this point for me
maflynn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:57 AM   #34
Ccrew
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by plucky duck View Post
The base Mini is what I'll be targeting. Spent a good chunk of money on a release day 64GB Playbook, loved the form factor but definitely over spent on storage I didn't really need.
That's because the Playbook has what, 4 apps for it?
Ccrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad