Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:14 PM   #1
michaeljohn
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
iPhone 5, iTunes and new computer

I have an iMac and had synced my iPhone 5 with it. My hard drive crashed last week and I have installed a new one. I have a few hundred songs on my iPhone from my old iTunes on the previous hard drive. I have a new iTunes now since I had to reinstall the OS as well. When I plug in to sync, it wants to erase whats on my iPhone currently but I don't want it erased. Is there no way to recover that old iTunes? It was under my same Apple ID user and password.
michaeljohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:22 PM   #2
iAll
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljohn View Post
I have an iMac and had synced my iPhone 5 with it. My hard drive crashed last week and I have installed a new one. I have a few hundred songs on my iPhone from my old iTunes on the previous hard drive. I have a new iTunes now since I had to reinstall the OS as well. When I plug in to sync, it wants to erase whats on my iPhone currently but I don't want it erased. Is there no way to recover that old iTunes? It was under my same Apple ID user and password.
Can you back it up to iCloud and turn off music sync in your new itunes and manually place a copy of your music files into the new itunes music library for future syncs?
iAll is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:31 PM   #3
michaeljohn
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAll View Post
Can you back it up to iCloud and turn off music sync in your new itunes and manually place a copy of your music files into the new itunes music library for future syncs?
There is nothing to back up. The music and movies were on an iTunes of a hard drive that crashed. I guess nothing gets backed up so I can get that old iTunes library back when I enter my Apple ID and password?
michaeljohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:33 PM   #4
blueroom
macrumors 603
 
blueroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
iExplorer can copy all sorts of stuff from your iPhone.
__________________
My iOS devices are not jailbroken.
Bill
My Blog
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:39 PM   #5
michaeljohn
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueroom View Post
iExplorer can copy all sorts of stuff from your iPhone.
Thank you! Worked perfectly!

Last edited by michaeljohn; Nov 23, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
michaeljohn is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC