Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeekyBelle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
This is a cosmetic question/comment. Apple gives a color option on almost every product to choose between black or white. I don't understand why can the same be done for the new iMac. I would love it if they can come up with the option of a white border around the screen instead of black. I wan't it to look like the screen of the MacBook Air.

The reason I first fell in love with Mac was because of the beautiful white look. I can understand some people prefer black but I would at least like to have an option.

Does anyone know if we can purchase a white cover? Is it possible to change it from black to white?

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I totally agree with you! I also wish Apple gave us color options with Macs. I would love for a white bezeled iMac, or just make the entire front face white like it's iOS devices and the G5 iMac.

My guess is because of the higher costs of manufacturing Macs and the smaller margins, it might not be financially practical for Apple to offer color options. But I personally would gladly pay a premium to get an iMac in glossy white.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
these were my two mockups of what I was hoping for in a new iMac...

axhvyl.jpg

MhC7el.jpg

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
I don't think that it will happen. Apple tens to stick with one design concept throughout all of their Mac lines, and right now, it's aluminum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.