Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Well, we've got at least a year and a half before we see what the next redesigned iPhone will look like, so might as well talk about the next Mars landing.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
You're bored of iOS7 which is something you haven't seen or know about yet?

No if iOS7 is anything like the move from SL to Lion was, it will be boring, they went from colorful to very dull all grey. I am guessing from flat design, they might take a way from some of the colorful icons and go with a more flatter design which IMO will be boring.

I was comparing Sl to Lion if iOS& is not like iOS6?

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2003
Why does this "concept" have such a specific thickness dimension? I guess the creator just shaved 0.4mm off and thought "yeah, they can probably do that."

Rear facing speakers? They need to go to front facing or continue with down-ward facing. Also stereo speakers, 20mm apart, have no benefit. I'd like to see grilles top and bottom, which, when you rotate for a landscape video, become left and right.

No home button. That's idiotic.

Bigger screen. Meh. I'm with apple on the idea that 4" is a good compromise of size and usability. I've got a galaxy s3 and an iphone 5 right here, and even if they had the same OS, I'd pick the 5 because I can reach all four corners of the screen with my thumb, one-handed, without changing hand position. The only reason I would want a bigger screen is if I had poor eyesight.

Nice 3d work I guess.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Why does this "concept" have such a specific thickness dimension? I guess the creator just shaved 0.4mm off and thought "yeah, they can probably do that."

Rear facing speakers? They need to go to front facing or continue with down-ward facing. Also stereo speakers, 20mm apart, have no benefit. I'd like to see grilles top and bottom, which, when you rotate for a landscape video, become left and right.

No home button. That's idiotic.

Bigger screen. Meh. I'm with apple on the idea that 4" is a good compromise of size and usability. I've got a galaxy s3 and an iphone 5 right here, and even if they had the same OS, I'd pick the 5 because I can reach all four corners of the screen with my thumb, one-handed, without changing hand position. The only reason I would want a bigger screen is if I had poor eyesight.

Nice 3d work I guess.

I think the reduced thickness comes from the screen being actually flush with the aluminium casing (like the iPad Mini). This would reduce the thickness.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
I find it funny so many people are obsessed on the exterior design of the iPhone when 90% of users slap a cover on it anyway. The only thing really visible is the screen :D

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I find it funny so many people are obsessed on the exterior design of the iPhone when 90% of users slap a cover on it anyway. The only thing really visible is the screen :D

Most if my women wear clothes 90% of the time. But when they don't I still want them to look good. :cool:

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
When I think about the next iphone redesign, I always thought about the buttons and ports. because thats where the thinness would stop. the phone can be only as thin as the ports.

but maybe jony is busy thinking about it :D
they can do it with the retina mbp redesign (by removing the "fat" ports :D ), why not with a phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.