Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aespin05

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2011
I tunes wont reset i pod touch 3g

It first began by jailbreaking my i pod touch 3g amd it worked fine and everything so one daii i was downloading something from cydia and it just turned off and wouldent turn off and the apple logo shows up everytime i turn it on,then i went to my neighboors to reset it and when i clicked reset on i tunes it said. Error sumething,plz help im desperate for it w
y does it saii error and doesent reset it plz reply as fastes possible

Aespin05

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2011
I pod help

Why doesent i tunes want ti reset my i pod 3g is it because its jailbroken or wah

iJailbroken

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2011
That did happen to me. Luckly, I can fix it!

I jailbroke my ipod and it was workin fine and I was installin stuff today and it froze and I reset it and now its stuck on the apple logo screen. i tried the restore thing and it doesnt work. HELP!

Ok. So, here is step 1

Step 1: Backup data in iPhone Browser, DiskAid, SSH, or iFunBox. Backup:
var, bin, private, System, and Libary.

Step 2: Go into iTunes and restore. (I know that iTunes DOES NOT fix it)

Step 3: Jailbreak your iPod in redsn0w, if it stops in the middle of loading, press cancel.

Step 4: Redo Step 3 but this time it should not stop loading.

PLEASE READ: To avoid this problem from happing again, follow these steps:
Do not do sleep & home reset while in Cydia, WinterBoard, and if your iPod is frozen while reseting SpringBoard!

Thanks! :)

iJailbroken

inneedofhelp12

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2011
My ipod is stuck on the apple screen with a loading circle but it freezes up and wont do anything I can turn it off and back on, i tried to hold the lock and the home button but it turns it off how do i get it to go into usb mode cause right now my computer is not registering that it is plugged in when i go to itunes can some one help me. Last night i went into the settings and hit reset i was trying to reset it back to factory settings since it was jail broken and it said it was going to erase everything i hit ok and it said it would take an hour to restore but it seems to be stuck on the apple logo and after like 30 mins it turns off and back on again but it is still frozen

joaopv

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2011
huck iPod up to computer, when the apple logo appears hold the home and sleep key till the iPod turns offleaving then still held down as soon as the iPod starts and u see apple logo let go of the power button whilst still holding down home key, if done correctly you should get itunes logo with usb connection on the touch's screen.

load iTunes it will say it detected a iPod in recovery mode simply click restore and eventually when its done you'll have a fully working 1.1.4 iPod (non-jailbroken)

man i didnt eveeeeeer thought that i would find this, you saved me:
time
money
boringmet?(being bored...)
i love you soooo much

god bless you :):apple:

oh! and by the way i created this account just to say thanx :) so yeah im very happy ::::::))))))))

MamboMokey

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2011
Omg thank you!

iv been sitting at my comp for bout 3 hours now trying to fix it, but finally this worked. Thank you soooo much.

stephmeister

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2011
huck iPod up to computer, when the apple logo appears hold the home and sleep key till the iPod turns offleaving then still held down as soon as the iPod starts and u see apple logo let go of the power button whilst still holding down home key, if done correctly you should get itunes logo with usb connection on the touch's screen.

load iTunes it will say it detected a iPod in recovery mode simply click restore and eventually when its done you'll have a fully working 1.1.4 iPod (non-jailbroken)

This did the trick to a jailbroken iPod I acquired. I had accidentally hit the power button while doing a full reset. Nice save to my investment!

luqmannurhaqim

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2011
Ipod

Hey i jailbreak my ipod IOS 5. I went to cydia to download winterboard then it says repring cydia then it is stuck at the apple logo. Now i am restoring my ipod but with the apple logo. it is downloading something on itunes . am i on the right track?

nozrag

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
Help

Update: I fixed it. I held home button and sleep/power button for ten seconds. Ipod works fine.

I have a jailbroken itouch 4g that uses ios 5.0.1. I was doing a cydia update and I hit "restart springboard". Then, loading circle with "loading" underneath it popped up. This is how my ipod restarts springboard. Its been stuck on that for the last 1/2 hour. Plz help.

Last edited:

luxloves22

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2012
help me!! :(

Please help!! I can't get my Ipod touch to stop showing the jailbreak logo and it won't charge! I just loaded music onto it yesterday and when i was using an app... it froze! I don't want to have to re jail break it but, I might have too.... What do I do!?

I have no more warranty on it. It's out. and I don't want to go buy a new one....

Also when I plug it into my computer it doesn't bring up itunes.

WHAT DO I DO?

LILDOGGY

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2012
Help help!!!

Alright so I have a IPod Touch 4G and it is jailbroken. So this is a kind of a story.

So I noticed that my settings from my IPod wasn't there and there is a app from Cydia called iFile and I checked there to see if settings was in the garbage and what I did is delete every big file except applications including the stuff that came with the IPod. And the IPod Froze so I press the home button and it went to but it is still frozen so then I heard that you could hold the sleep and home button and it'll turn off so I did that and it turned off. So then I turned it back on and it freezes at the home screen where th Apple logo is at and the screen turns bright and then the screen is all white. So I dont know what to do?

白白地。=

thegreati

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2012
It sounds like something just went fubar with the jailbreak. DFU mode it, and try again.

Maybe try another piece of software than the one you are trying now.

fhscb96

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2012
Last night while I was doing a Cydia update, my iPod Touch froze on the screen that says "Restart Springboard." I kept pressing the lock & home buttons but nothing happed :confused: So this morning when I checked it was STILL frozen on the same screen :mad: I decided to hold the lock and menu button until it shut down. When i turned it back on, it worked fine, and nothing seemed wrong.
I no longer wanted the jailbreak so I decided to do a restore on iTunes, but it said that the device could not be restored :eek: so I went into the settings and pressed "Erase all data and Restore all settings." After I did this, the apple logo showed up and the little loading circle also showed up. but it completely froze there. All I've been doing for the past two hours is trying to put it into DFU mode, but all it does it turn off, back on, and freezes at the same spot. Although the loading circle is still moving, it won't do anything else. I really don't know what to do, and I can't send it in to apple because my father payed quite a lot of money for a 5 year warranty and he would be so upset if it was void because of this. Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEE help me D: I'm desperate

this worked for me, try to re jailbreak your ipod touch like you normally would then you can do one of two things 1:after you re jailbreak update your software 2: delete mobile substrate this is the cause of this problem.Hope this helps

geoffers

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Thanks

Thanks Andy it helped me too as I was stuck on apple logo.....i signed up specially to thank you.
geoff

Sidizen

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2013
Help

Try this:

Step 1:
Turn Your iPod/iPhone on and LEAVE IT ON for about 15 minutes until the Screen Dims and you see dimmed boxes at the bottom of the screen. BOXES ONLY HAPPEN WITH SOME BOOT SCREENS
Step 2:
Turn the iPhone/iPod OFF
Step 3:
Then Turn it on. (DO NOT CONNECT IT TO YOUR COMPUTER
YET) and in EXACTLY 5 Seconds Connect it to your Computer. It should boot up and show your Springboard.
Or
wait until the iPod has no charge left, then hook it up to the computer.

Jreid108

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2013
My iPod froze at apple logo I tried doing the hone and power button routine but it comes on reguraly but at the lock screen the apple logo is still there how bout some help on this

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013
It first began by jailbreaking my i pod touch 3g amd it worked fine and everything so one daii i was downloading something from cydia and it just turned off and wouldent turn off and the apple logo shows up everytime i turn it on,then i went to my neighboors to reset it and when i clicked reset on i tunes it said. Error sumething,plz help im desperate for it w
y does it saii error and doesent reset it plz reply as fastes possible

i don knowz whys yous i fone is actin' al funcky but i hop u fixx it pronto i mean soon

EL.Chico

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2015
Hi guys,

I have a similar problem (may be a little bit more complicated;)). I have a jailbroken iPOD 2G. I tried to restore it to factory settings (through the iPOD itself), but the restore cannot finish and it is stuck on the apple logo screen. When I try to restore through iTunes DFU mode I've got unknown error 3014 (I've tried to get around it). When I try to jailbreak again, its stuck on kernel replacing.
I have read all tips how to get around the above errors but it doesn't work for me.
Solution for getting stuck on kernel replacing is to restore by iTunes. Restoring by iTunes doesn't work:(
Any new tips?:(

darthvector

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2015
just hold the home button + powerbutton untill it restarts, once ithe logo appears again, HOLD THE VOLUME UP + button wait up to 5 minutes but this will boot your iphone normally, this worked for me hope this helps :D don't be affraid to restartspringboard just delete the tweak you downloaded last.

Last edited:

Warmango

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2016
Should I just let the little loading circle keep going and just be patient and wait to see what happens? Ughhh I'm so frustrated D:
let it do that till its battary dies.. then when you plug it in hold POWER UP untill you reach tehe lockscreen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.