Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:45 PM   #276
mortfe
macrumors regular

Just saw the new DRACO line, Elegance series. Seems to be the same, brighter and different colors. Don't get me wrong. I love my Midnight Blue. My only complaint is that its too thin and would have liked a thicker bumper. Doesn't even feel like you're holding a phone. Hard to hold. Would also iike to see DRACO come up with a rigid carbon fiber plate. Maybe the new line will be thicker.
mortfe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:38 PM   #277
Bleh5
macrumors member

Love the comments I receive on the case, and that's the main reason I'm still using it even with the LTE hit. I second the question on what change in profile would help with that?

Also, anyone come across a dock that will work with the Draco V?
Bleh5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:27 PM   #278
mortfe
macrumors regular

The lightening dock. Adjustable. Uses Apples lightening connector which works with the DRACO. Or you can make your own.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:24 AM   #279
Bleh5
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortfe View Post
The lightening dock.
Is this confirmed? The lightning plug doesn't look like it will push far enough up to make a connection to the phone with Draco case on.
Bleh5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:06 AM   #280
mortfe
macrumors regular

There is a video review. I saw it awhile back. The connector slides into a groove and is held in place by a screw. They show it flush, but if you raise the connector about an 1/8 of inch, it will fit the DRACO.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:29 PM   #281
Paik4Life
macrumors member

I got mine and it definitely takes hits on wifi and LTE. I'm in the DC area with strong LTE though so even with the hit, I'm still getting over 7 Mbps so it's fine for me. When I go into weaker areas though it jumps to 4G (HSPA+) and even then it's okay. All-in-all happy with the purchase.

I have the Elevation Dock and it works with the case on. It barely fits in width-wise and the connector on the dock has variable depth so it works fine with the Draco V. The OCDock should work as well since it has a spring-loaded bottom, but since it's not released yet, we can't know for sure. I'll let you know when I get the OCDock.

~Paik
Paik4Life is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:17 AM   #282
Sarahah
macrumors newbie

Looks wonderful. like it.
Sarahah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:49 PM   #283
mortfe
macrumors regular

Still can't figure out the signal hits. I'm in Old Bridge, NJ, which is not the greatest of signals. As I stated before, occasionally lose 1 bar. Also gone to 3G but right back to LTE. VZW. WiFi strong 4 bars constantly at home with Airport and Optimum. With all the hype about signal loss, I have NEVER dropped a call or had any problems. Fine even in mall or supermarket.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:00 PM   #284
map1978
macrumors 68020

Ah damn...well I got my graphite gray in the mail this week and it made LTE go crazy The case didn't even make it the next morning. It made my LTE coverage, which was 3/4 bars in my apt, go to about 1 bar then drop right to 4G. Even then the connection wasn't active it felt like. I live in a pretty big city too.

For a case so stunning (no pics would prove it), I was shocked to see how uncomfortable it felt to hold The volume rocker and home buttons had the best tactile feedback and was simply amazing to use.

I really wish I didn't have to send this back. Such a shame because it's the best looking case I've wrapped on the iPhone 5

map1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2013, 02:26 AM   #285
shin93
macrumors newbie

Hello guys, sorry to bump this old thread, but i just happened to lose ALL of my Draco 5 screws...so i'm screwed.
Anyone knows what type of screw they use? is it available in my local hardware store? or is it a Draco specific screw?

Thanks!
shin93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:36 PM   #286
ikm19
macrumors Demi-God

Send a email to them, they will mail it for free
ikm19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:33 PM   #287
calibrationx
macrumors member

Yep, I bought the case used and it didn't come with the silent switch. Emailed them and they sent out a set right away. Excellent service.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 04:12 AM   #288
shin93
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikm19 View Post
Send a email to them, they will mail it for free
yep i did it and they said they will give free screws but want me to transfer $15 shipping fee to Indonesia luckily my friend got the same case too so i took his spare screws hahaha
shin93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2013, 12:48 PM   #289
ross1998
macrumors 6502

/anyone know if this case or aluminum bumper cases in general scratch the sides?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 07:59 PM   #290
redlinux
macrumors regular

Can somebody, with a recent purchase of this case, provide feedback with the the bumper intefering with the iPhone 5S' signal strength? I want to buy this and the previous post wayback January 2013 described that it brought the signal from 3 bars to 1.

Please! I want to hear some feedback.
redlinux is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:03 PM   #291
AFDoc
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinux View Post
Can somebody, with a recent purchase of this case, provide feedback with the the bumper intefering with the iPhone 5S' signal strength? I want to buy this and the previous post wayback January 2013 described that it brought the signal from 3 bars to 1.

Please! I want to hear some feedback.
If it's solid aluminum and it covers the entire phone it WILL have an affect. YMMV but in low reception areas it will kill the phone most likely. good luck.
AFDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:40 PM   #292
redlinux
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
If it's solid aluminum and it covers the entire phone it WILL have an affect. YMMV but in low reception areas it will kill the phone most likely. good luck.
It's a "bumper" as oppose to a "case". Thanks for the input but, as I've said, I would like to hear feedback from people who actually have/is using it.
redlinux is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:44 PM   #293
AFDoc
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinux View Post
It's a "bumper" as oppose to a "case". Thanks for the input but, as I've said, I would like to hear feedback from people who actually have/is using it.
yeah, the "bumper" covers the entire "phone".... As the "bumper" your asking about does. So YES it WILL affect your reception to some degree. IF you're standing next to a cell tower you'll be fine. IF you're in a basement of a jail you will most likely have issues. Some have described wife issues with THIS "BUMPER" because it cover the entire phone....
AFDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2013, 01:04 AM   #294
jdaniel
macrumors 6502a

i would not buy draco, I bought an origainal draco from a local authorised dealer...I use my phone gently after a couple of months basically the black coating was coming off ALL the edges.. any edge you can see no matter how weirdly angled the paint/coating was coming off.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories