Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsuvak10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
I just bought a brand new pack of cd-r's, the exact same ones that i bought, used and worked perfectly last time, but this time whenever i try to burn a cd itunes says initializing and then skips right to Finalizing and then an error message pops up saying itunes could not communicate with the burner. i tried creating a burn folder on the desktop and it still did not work. i tried using multiple CDs out of the pack but still nothing. Also when i insert a CD the computer recognizes it. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! this computer is brand new and should not be having these problems!:mad:

BittenApple

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2008
this is not the best sub forum for this type of question but you can try reducing the burning speed and make it burn more reliably.

nightij!

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2009
Burning DVDs

When I go to burn a dvd my macbook says that I don't have the superdrive to support that? I thought that all macbooks come with a superdrive? What can I do?

ethernet76

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2003
When I go to burn a dvd my macbook says that I don't have the superdrive to support that? I thought that all macbooks come with a superdrive? What can I do?

Not all Intel Macs support DVD burning. I had a original Macbook that didn't.

To check if you can burn DVDs:

1. In the top left corner of the screen click on the Apple icon and go to "About this Mac".

2. In the window that Pops up click on the "More info..." button down towards the bottom.

3. A new window should pop up. On the right hand side there is a list of categories. Click on "disc burning".

You should see a list of types of CD/DVDs you can burn. If you don't see a list of DVD types you can't burn DVDs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.