Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:18 AM   #51
chrisrosemusic1
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to chrisrosemusic1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alksion View Post
I've had the screen issue since my 4S on iOS 5. I thought I was the only one to experience it. It's so weird! I have no idea what is causing it. Usually it happens when I try to wake my phone from the home button, it takes longer to respond and than it usually wakes to a super dim screen.
That was the first time it happened for me. It's like the contrast goes too high for a minute or two. And yes it was the same thing - pressing the lock button to use the phone. The guy who works for me also had it happen two or three times.

Bizarre.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:34 AM   #52
davidjearly
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by XboxMySocks View Post
I don't think you understand what that word means.
Er, I think I do. I used it correctly. Now, go troll elsewhere.
davidjearly is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:58 AM   #53
The-Real-Deal82
macrumors 6502a

'Pondering'?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:28 PM   #54
PNutts
macrumors 601

Do I have to do everything?

Edit: pontificating?

pos·ture (pschr)
n.
a. A position of the body or of body parts: a sitting posture.
b. An attitude; a pose: assumed a posture of angry defiance.
2. A characteristic way of bearing one's body; carriage: stood with good posture.
3. Relative placement or arrangement: the posture of the buildings on the land.
4. A stance or disposition with regard to something: "Those bases are essential to our military posture in the Middle East" (Gerard Smith).
5. A frame of mind affecting one's thoughts or behavior; an overall attitude.
v. pos·tured, pos·tur·ing, pos·tures
v.intr.
1. To assume an exaggerated or unnatural pose or mental attitude; attitudinize.
2. To assume a pose.
v.tr.
To put into a specific posture; pose.
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:50 PM   #55
C DM
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjearly View Post
This must be the longest we've went without a point update to iOS. Is it because they're working flat out on the next iOS 7, or just sheer laziness? Glaring bugs have been unresolved from day 1 of iOS 6.

Thoughts?
Quote:
6.0.2 is hardly anything to write home about and it was released to fix one single bug.

As for trolling, if you don't like what I've got to say, don't reply.

The fact remains, we've went an unusually long time without a significant bug fix to iOS 6 - much longer than usual.

I'm posturing as to why that is.
So, it's a fact that it's been the longest or much longer than previous point updates to iOS? Seems like iOS 5.1 was actually longer, based on quite a few sources, including http://willhains.com/iOS-version-history. It appears that not only has it not been the longest, or much longer, or even just longer, but it's far from anything that even resembles a half-truth, let alone a fact.

There's really nothing to posture, postulate, ponder, pontificate, or any other p-word, aside from maybe pretend--the fact is (and in this case it's truly an actual fact), the premise of this whole thing is simply false, and therefore there's really not much more to discuss.

Last edited by C DM; Jan 24, 2013 at 02:59 PM.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:41 PM   #56
davidjearly
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
So, it's a fact that it's been the longest or much longer than previous point updates to iOS? Seems like iOS 5.1 was actually longer, based on quite a few sources, including http://willhains.com/iOS-version-history. It appears that not only has it not been the longest, or much longer, or even just longer, but it's far from anything that even resembles a half-truth, let alone a fact.

There's really nothing to posture, postulate, ponder, pontificate, or any other p-word, aside from maybe pretend--the fact is (and in this case it's truly an actual fact), the premise of this whole thing is simply false, and therefore there's really not much more to discuss.
Yawn.

I bet you feel pretty smart now eh? Shame that. I'm about to burst your bubble.

1. I never isolated iOS 6 when I mentioned the length of time for a significant bug fix. I suggested that it was the longest, but it is clear from my posts that I am referring to a gradual increase in time taken to fix bugs with each major iOS version.

2. There have been glaring bugs in iOS 6 from release day that Apple have yet to fix.

3. I stated that it was a 'fact' that we had went an unusually long time without a significant bug fix to iOS 6. the fact is (and in this case it's truly an actual fact), the premise of this is completely true, so there is plenty to discuss.

4. If there wasn't anything to discuss, what are you doing here? Demonstrating your skills as a keyboard ninja?

5. Please. No more trolling.
davidjearly is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:53 PM   #57
C DM
macrumors 604

Quote:
Yawn.

I bet you feel pretty smart now eh? Shame that. I'm about to burst your bubble.

1. I never isolated iOS 6 when I mentioned the length of time for a significant bug fix. I suggested that it was the longest, but it is clear from my posts that I am referring to a gradual increase in time taken to fix bugs with each major iOS version.

2. There have been glaring bugs in iOS 6 from release day that Apple have yet to fix.

3. I stated that it was a 'fact' that we had went an unusually long time without a significant bug fix to iOS 6. the fact is (and in this case it's truly an actual fact), the premise of this is completely true, so there is plenty to discuss.

4. If there wasn't anything to discuss, what are you doing here? Demonstrating your skills as a keyboard ninja?

5. Please. No more trolling.
And yet the leading sentence of the OP of the thread reads, "This must be the longest we've went without a point update to iOS." Despite any modifications, expansions, or additions to that later on, the main opening statement is completely incorrect. What might become a little clearer, and/or simply modified/added, in later posts, is certainly not exactly something that was in the OP and the thread title, all of which kind of set the thread down a somewhat different direction.

As for the whole "significant bug fix" piece that got sort of attached to all of that, well, one of the big ones actually came in iOS 6.0.1 related to a rather bad bug when declining Exchange meeting invitations (perhaps not something that you might really use, or were affected by, but it was a rather big and bad bug and created issues for a lot of people). So, there you have it, a rather significant bug fix that was out 6 weeks after iOS 6.0 was released.

That's not even counting probably an even bigger and more significant bug fix that was included in iOS 6.0.1: the fix to allow iPhone 5 to actually perform over-the-air updates. For iPhone 5 (or essentially any phone that would suffer from an issue like that) that's probably as big and significant as bug fix can really get.

Last edited by C DM; Jan 24, 2013 at 04:58 PM.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6