Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Aug 19, 2013, 01:08 PM   #1
8UCKW1LD
macrumors newbie

Iphone 5 IOS7 Stuck in recovery/DFU mode.

Hi everyone, I recently "Updated" my Iphone 5 to IOS 7. It automaticlly went to the "Need to be a developer" page, (Great..) So I tried to downgrade it and it went to a looping Recovery/DFU mode. I tried endlessly to fix it and have no progress.

Any help would be great.
8UCKW1LD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:42 PM   #2
Traviswoods
macrumors newbie

Hey try this go to apple.com download iOS 6.1.4 ipsw after it finishes downloading put your phone in DFU mode and hold down shift and click restore chose the iOS 6.1.4 ipsw you just downloaded I had the same problem and this was my solution
Traviswoods is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:30 AM   #3
8UCKW1LD
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traviswoods View Post
Hey try this go to apple.com download iOS 6.1.4 ipsw after it finishes downloading put your phone in DFU mode and hold down shift and click restore chose the iOS 6.1.4 ipsw you just downloaded I had the same problem and this was my solution
The phone is stuck in DFU mode. I can't get it out, it just keeps looping.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:23 AM   #4
as11ley
macrumors member

Have you tried taking it out of dfu mode by holding down the home and sleep buttons until the device powers up, see if you can boot back into iOS 7
as11ley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:24 AM   #5
josiahsill
macrumors member

This happened to me...I downloaded tinyumbrella. In tinyumbrella there is an option to take the device out of restore/dfu and it worked great fro me
josiahsill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:49 AM   #6
famoussasjohn
macrumors 6502a

What errors do you get on iTunes when trying to restore? Are you a developer? If not, I'd recommend Googling the route of installing iOS 7 correctly.
famoussasjohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 06:21 PM   #7
8UCKW1LD
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by famoussasjohn View Post
What errors do you get on iTunes when trying to restore? Are you a developer? If not, I'd recommend Googling the route of installing iOS 7 correctly.
It keeps saying "Restore not completed, unknown error". I've literally tried every method mentioned, it will not come out of DFU/Recovery mode. I'll try the tiny umbrella method though, and check back. I know now what happened to the phone. Instead of clicking "Check for updates" I clicked "Restore Device". That caused it to not by-pass the Developer sequence.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 09:22 PM   #8
famoussasjohn
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8UCKW1LD View Post
It keeps saying "Restore not completed, unknown error". I've literally tried every method mentioned, it will not come out of DFU/Recovery mode. I'll try the tiny umbrella method though, and check back. I know now what happened to the phone. Instead of clicking "Check for updates" I clicked "Restore Device". That caused it to not by-pass the Developer sequence.
Were you jailbroken and had messed with your host file previously?
famoussasjohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7