Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Oct 15, 2013, 09:34 AM   #51
Gordonhbm
macrumors newbie

Apple Releases Aperture 3.4.5 with Import and Memory Card Bug Fixes

Twistedpanties
Thanks for your posts on the way you handle imports and your preferred hierarchy. I found this very helpful.

I am now in the position that I have nearly filled my ssd (256GB) on my Mackbook air. I need to set up an external drive for my masters. Unfortunately I have not been anything like as sensible as you in my hierarchy and although I have probably about 30k of images - all jpg's - i would like to adapt your methods.

Should I set about renaming masters before changing from managed to referenced for the masters? This looks a massive task to me. I am not even sure how to establish exactly what hierarchy I have been using!

Is there a way that I could set up what I want in the aperture library and then have aperture/apple/iphoto use this to rename my masters and then set up my referenced masters on another, external, disc?

I would also be interested to see how you have your library set out in aperture.
I look forward to any advice from you and other members of the forum.
Gordonhbm is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion