Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgames

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Hi guys, don't want you to miss out on potentially some great games at massively reduced prices. Check out the Black Friday deals (last the whole weekend) on MacGames.co.uk. Lots of bargains to be had! Prices are in GBP, but we sell downloads worldwide. Here's an example of a few:

MacGamerHQ

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Lyon, France
Thanks for the heads up! Indeed a LOT of mac games sales this weekend! It's crazy! Steam, Mac Games Store, Mac App store, GameAgent....
I listed them all in an article here.

PS: Please let me know if linking to one of my own articles is not ok!

cryingrobot

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2008
Did you happen to see the price for Deus Ex HR on Mac vs PC? PC is like $6 on Steam. Its still pretty much opening day prices for mac...like $50. And I am still actually grateful they even released this for a Mac. I have given up on macs for any gaming. The price difference alone on the games will justify a separate gaming PC or a console.

macgames

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Did you happen to see the price for Deus Ex HR on Mac vs PC? PC is like $6 on Steam. Its still pretty much opening day prices for mac...like $50. And I am still actually grateful they even released this for a Mac. I have given up on macs for any gaming. The price difference alone on the games will justify a separate gaming PC or a console.

Yeah unfortunately price is still a massive issue for Mac Games. For Deus Ex specifically I can only comment for the UK, where it is £34 (just over $50), but to be honest, while PC games are dirt cheap, you generally expect to pay £30-£40 for a good console game, and even for the best PC games when they are new. Its just the demand I think, that is the key issue - developers like feral and Aspyr need an incentive to keep making games for Mac, and they just couldn't make ends meet at $6 per game, unless the number of Mac gamers drastically increases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.