Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

litokhmaikid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
My Macbook air battery charges up to 100% according to the menu bar, but when I open up Coconutbattery or iStats, they both say its still at 98%. Any ideas why? Also, the battery indicator on Coconutbattery and iStats has to drop down all the way to 93% before the battery indicator on the menu bar even goes down to 99%.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
My Macbook air battery charges up to 100% according to the menu bar, but when I open up Coconutbattery or iStats, they both say its still at 98%. Any ideas why? Also, the battery indicator on Coconutbattery and iStats has to drop down all the way to 93% before the battery indicator on the menu bar even goes down to 99%.
It's normal that your battery may stop charging between 93-99%. For details, read the CHARGING section of the following link. The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia

Are you talking about the battery charge or the battery capacity?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.