Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kcfroines

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
Hello,

I am hoping to get some help with creating a makefile to extract all audio files from an embedded AAF file. An Embedded AAF file is a way to exchange media between various audio and video applications…The reason for this is that I'm receiving AAF's that are 3GB from Avid Media Composer, and ProTools is only pulling out 1GB worth of audio, so I believe not ALL of the media is being pulled out.

I'm hoping the workflow will be as simple as pointing to the AAF, and dumping all media into a new folder as .wav files or .mxf files with all metadata un-damaged.

I have downloaded the AAF SDK, and Posted a test AAF that has 4 embedded audio files in it:
File_01
File_02
File_03
File_04

The SDK and Test AAF can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qzyxlip0mqb73v3/sg7Qli62ih

I believe the key is in the Utilities folder, as I'm seeing " aafextract, AAFAnalyzer, aafdump, and aafviewer" folders.

Would anyone here be willing to take a look and at least see if I'm on the right track with this? Or possibly give me some tips or even create the code? Is there an easier way to accomplish this task?

I have no programming experience, and I can't make any sense of the makefile tutorials I have found online.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.