Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Katy, TX
Title sums it up, no clue why. I even re-encoded the video using handbrake to .m4v and still no dice. I'm 0 for 2 importing videos into iTunes. This only seems to be a problem now, after I upgraded it to 11.0.1.

Options?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
The most likely cause is that you can in fact import videos into iTunes - you simply do not realize that the methods for doing so have changed in 11. Drag and drop (on the videos view) still works, and is what I use.

Josh125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Katy, TX
The most likely cause is that you can in fact import videos into iTunes - you simply do not realize that the methods for doing so have changed in 11. Drag and drop (on the videos view) still works, and is what I use.

That is the method I use. When I initially drag it in, the task bar at the top scrolls across as it normally would when I import. Once complete, nothing is listed in the videos section. One the second attempt there is no indication that anything is happening, no scroll bar etc. Perhaps I will delete and reinstall iTunes. I have my libraries back up so shouldn't be an issue.

tug

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2010
loughborough. u.k.
highlight movies in side bar then drag your file into top left corner of side bar it will go a dark blue then drop your m4v file it will now appear in your movies library.

Josh125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Katy, TX
I got it sorted. I'm not sure why, but iTunes doesn't see my movie as a move....so I clicked on home video and found it. I also found it under list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.