Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TooLowToZero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Hi, I have a portable speaker that holds an SD card. It's able to play mp3 songs via Bluetooth also. My question is, can I use iTunes to put songs on the SD Card ?

brightjc@me.com

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
UK
SD Card

You don't need to involve iTunes I think. Try opening the finder 2 windows, one with iTunes in it so it list Music, Movies TV Shows etc & one with your SD Card Open (with nothing in it). Then simply drag the Music file from the iTunes window into the SD Card window and drop it in. This should copy it exactly as it's arranged (the file structure I mean) in the iTunes folder - ie by artist, album etc.

cRuNcHiE

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2007
Do you have a mac or windows pc?

If windows I use winamp which can see the iTunes library and then you can sync it to an sdcard, android phone or other MP3 player easily.

See here : http://www.winamp.com/help/Winamp_Portables_guide

I use the auto fill option which is clever and will only sync complete albums if you want it to.

Last edited:

brightjc@me.com

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
UK
Sorry, I was assuming that you have a mac, the instructions I gave are for a mac, windows I imagine though would be similar.

TooLowToZero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Thanks for your replies. Wanting to use my iTunes Playlists, within iTunes to sync to a micro SD card. The card then slots into Veho portable speaker. The speaker is then independent to my iPod. I am using Win8 on PC. I have Win Amp, which I can use to sync, but I would need to set up new playlists.

cRuNcHiE

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2007
Thanks for your replies. Wanting to use my iTunes Playlists, within iTunes to sync to a micro SD card. The card then slots into Veho portable speaker. The speaker is then independent to my iPod. I am using Win8 on PC. I have Win Amp, which I can use to sync, but I would need to set up new playlists.

No you don't. Winamp imports iTunes library as well as the playlists.
Maybe you didn't import the library and instead manually told Winamp where to look for music

http://blog.winamp.com/2010/11/30/sync-your-itunes-library-to-android-with-winamp/

It tells you here how to import the playlists

"Next, you'll want to import your iTunes Playlists. Again, click on "Library" in the lower left-hand corner of Winamp and select "Import iTunes Playlist". This will import all of your iTunes playlists so they're also available in Winamp."

Last edited:

tomz65

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
Using iTunes Export

In Windows, i'm using iTunes Export for copying iTunes playlists with music files in a seperate sync folder. Then use the SyncToy from Microsoft to sync that folder to the desired SD cards. Whenever the Itunes library changes and i want to sync, i delete the contents of the sync folder and repeat the process. It's still somewhat complicated, but it works and i can choose only the playlists and songs i really want.

For Mac, theres Playlist Export in the app store. More info about iTunes / Playlist Export here:

http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/itunesexport/

Another idea, when you have an Android: use iSyncr for export to the phone, then sync the SD card with the contents on the phone via USB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.