Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
I'd like a Mac App that I can use to track my grades at university.

I know iStudiez Pro does this, but I'd like an app that only tracks grades (I use iCal to plan my time etc).

Thanks!

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Do you just need to record them....as in Pages, or Numbers spreadsheet.....or....do some math with them? I would think a Numbers spreadsheet should do anything you need done.

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
Do you just need to record them....as in Pages, or Numbers spreadsheet.....or....do some math with them? I would think a Numbers spreadsheet should do anything you need done.

Numbers would be great, but it would take forever to make a good spreadsheet. I'd need to weight all my units accordingly, use IF statements, conditional formatting, manually make all the graphs/charts etc etc etc.

Surely there's an app out there that does all this, but in a very simple way?

MhzDoesMatter

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2002
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
If Numbers would suffice, you could try to look for ready-made grade trackers on the web. Many people publish their templates for others to use freely.

Additionally, I use iStudiez Pro for recording my grades. It brings in iCal data so I still get that aspect while using the calendar entry option I prefer. iStudiez meets my needs for weighting, gpa averaging, homework tracking etc. The only issue I encounter is when I run into a course that uses points verse percentages for weighting.

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
If Numbers would suffice, you could try to look for ready-made grade trackers on the web. Many people publish their templates for others to use freely.

Additionally, I use iStudiez Pro for recording my grades. It brings in iCal data so I still get that aspect while using the calendar entry option I prefer. iStudiez meets my needs for weighting, gpa averaging, homework tracking etc. The only issue I encounter is when I run into a course that uses points verse percentages for weighting.

So iStudiez Pro integrates with iCal?

So putting all my lectures into iCal will also mean it appears in iStudiezPro?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.