Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you buy iPad mini 2 if it has a Retina Display?

• Yes, if it has other upgrades as well (camera, processor, battery etc.)

Votes: 58 38.9%
  • Yes, even if the internals are not upgraded.

Votes: 30 20.1%
  • Yes! I didn't buy the iPad mini 1 because it had no Retina Display.

Votes: 41 27.5%
  • No, I am happy with my iPad mini 1.

Votes: 17 11.4%
  • No, I don't care about Retina.

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013
What makes the experience more fun when you jailbreak it? Just curious, since I've never felt any need to jailbreak my iPad.

Using hardware-accelerated movie players, drag-and-drop file importation via iFunbox, using your device as a hotspot (if you have LTE iPad or if you jailbreak your iphone), Winterboard themes, Gridlock (ability to put your icons literally anywhere and in whatever arrangement you want), Springtomize (ability to customize your status bar, dock, customize or hide icon labels, resize icons, change folders, change grid size of homescreen, and many more features), No Status (hide status bar in homescreen), tons of lockscreen customizations, add more functionality to Siri, etc..... And this is just what I use, and I use a lot less tweaks than most people.

So many more features than what you get on a stock iPad. In comparison, a stock iPad or iPhone experience is boring, in my opinion.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
If the price point is the same, a resounding YES. I always loved the form factor but the lack of retina stopped me from buying the original mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.