Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:21 PM   #1
GD0X
macrumors member

fighting with m gf over iphone battery xD

so my girlfriend gave me her iphone 4 (ATT) to sell. There's hardly anything on here (will do a restore soon), but i left the phone in my drawer 2 days ago with 70% left and i pick it up tonight and its dead.... with wifi on and the "no service" system info.

this phone has been sitting in a box for a year, maybe a little bit longer with no use.

She is arguing that since the phone has no sim/no service with ATT... it keeps looking for a cellular signal/wifi for notificiations even though it is ios 5.x . So she is arguing that it keeps looking for a signal with ATT or wifi for the reason it dies so fast. She suggests i can keep wifi on but turn airplane mode on.

i can agree with this partially, but unless it truly is still searching for an ATT tower, i doubt wifi would this thing with 70% left in 2 days.

I'm arguing that since the service with ATT has been cut it is not the fact it is looking for cellular service. And since wifi is always kept on. on my phone im not blaming the wifi.... im not saying it is, but i suspect the battery is the culprit.

so your thoughts?
GD0X is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:26 PM   #2
dtbratt
macrumors 6502

Service is off. It won't be searching for service. Specially since there is no SIM.

Battery is tired.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:44 PM   #3
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Won't be searching for signal if it doesn't have service.
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:48 PM   #4
GD0X
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbratt View Post
Service is off. It won't be searching for service. Specially since there is no SIM.

Battery is tired.
even if there was wifi..... having a phone in stand-by would last longer than 2 days... correct?
GD0X is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:54 PM   #5
wordoflife
macrumors 604

Do a restore first and then check.

My devices have done weird stuff like this (yes only on wifi) in the past that were fixed by a restore.
wordoflife is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone