Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:38 AM   #26
yoargentino
macrumors newbie

Angry I cant activate my i5 yet.. Please help me out!!!!

I bought 2 iphones 5 2 days later after launch and supposedly without contract, but i cant activate the freakin phones.. also already got unlocked for TMOBILE.. Because I DONT HAVE ACCOUNT WITH ATT. PLEASE SOME ONE HAVE IDEAS HOW CAN PASS THE MAIN SCREEN TO GET MY PHONE READY?.... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
yoargentino is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:51 AM   #27
yoargentino
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalangari View Post
i've bought my new iPhone 5 from eBay and the seller told me that the phone is with at&t but without contract. he also mentioned that he will ship the phone sealed as he received it from apple. the question here, am i going to be able to activate the phone and get it unlocked on my T-mobile SIM card?
please note that i don't have a contract with At&t.

the reason why i placed this order is because i read an article that stated that off-contract At&t iPhone can be easily unlocked via iTunes.

many thanks!
I bought 2 iphones 5 2 days later after launch and supposedly without contract, but i cant activate the freakin phones.. also already paid the factory unlocked for TMOBILE or whatever.. Because I DONT HAVE ACCOUNT WITH ATT. PLEASE SOME ONE HAVE IDEAS HOW CAN PASS THE MAIN SCREEN TO GET MY PHONE READY? OR ACTIVATE MY PHONE, I REPEAT I DONT HAVE ACCOUNT WITH ATT! PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!
DO YOU GOT ANY SOLUTIONS.. PLEASE SHARE AND LET ME KNOW!!
yoargentino is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:02 AM   #28
CBR900RR
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to CBR900RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoargentino View Post
I bought 2 iphones 5 2 days later after launch and supposedly without contract, but i cant activate the freakin phones.. also already paid the factory unlocked for TMOBILE or whatever.. Because I DONT HAVE ACCOUNT WITH ATT. PLEASE SOME ONE HAVE IDEAS HOW CAN PASS THE MAIN SCREEN TO GET MY PHONE READY? OR ACTIVATE MY PHONE, I REPEAT I DONT HAVE ACCOUNT WITH ATT! PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!
My guess is you bought both the iphone5 from ebay, without the phone being ACTIVATED with the original sim.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:35 AM   #29
Mliii
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Mliii Send a message via Yahoo to Mliii Send a message via Skype™ to Mliii
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR900RR View Post
My guess is you bought both the iphone5 from ebay, without the phone being ACTIVATED with the original sim.
This ^^^ is very likely the situation. You can't use it on another network until it has been activated.
If it CAME unlocked but was originally an AT&T phone, it has to be activated using the AT&T Sim.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:25 AM   #30
aalangari
macrumors newbie

Quote:
i got my phone activated with the help of the guy who sold me the phone. he gave me his ZIP and SSN which got me through to the main screen.
aalangari is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:43 AM   #31
Mr Hill
macrumors 6502

Quote:
If you paid to get it unlocked on eBay then you should be able to activate it with the T-Mobile sim card. In fact, the instructions tell you to unlock it with a non-AT&T sim card.
Mr Hill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:01 AM   #32
yoargentino
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR900RR View Post
Exactly no original sim from att !!!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalangari View Post
i got my phone activated with the help of the guy who sold me the phone. he gave me his ZIP and SSN which got me through to the main screen.
I think is like that.. but the freak girl dont appear!!!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hill View Post
If you paid to get it unlocked on eBay then you should be able to activate it with the T-Mobile sim card. In fact, the instructions tell you to unlock it with a non-AT&T sim card.
No.. I think you need to activate first with att.. and the you can use any!!! Thanks anyways!!
yoargentino is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:10 AM   #33
1080p
macrumors 68000

I unlocked mine for $4.64 via this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330807533106

Unlocked within an hour. I actually had $5 worth of eBay bucks... so I paid nothing for my unlock.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:29 AM   #34
ANMA dojo
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post

Unlocked within an hour. I actually had $5 worth of eBay bucks... so I paid nothing for my unlock.
did you unlock your phone, but still activate it (turn it on) for the first time using the original AT&T sim? unlocking and activating aren't necessarily the same thing, apparently.
ANMA dojo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:51 PM   #35
ndn001
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post

Did u still have to use the orginal owners SSN to bypass the activation screen before using the unlock from ebay ?
ndn001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:59 PM   #36
bcooln
macrumors regular

i unlocked my, went to tmobile get a nano sim, pop it in, activate right away

----------

it took like 2 minutes in the beginning to get it activated. used unlock fusion to unlock it. i did the same thing for my sister iphone 5. we have tmobile
bcooln is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:58 PM   #37
ndn001
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcooln View Post
i unlocked my, went to tmobile get a nano sim, pop it in, activate right away

----------

it took like 2 minutes in the beginning to get it activated. used unlock fusion to unlock it. i did the same thing for my sister iphone 5. we have tmobile
So ur saying before unlocking the iPhone it asked for ssn and after u unlocked and popped the T-Mobile sim it never asked for ssn? ..... did u have to go into dfu mode to unlock it or bypass activation ?
ndn001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:11 AM   #38
bcooln
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndn001 View Post
So ur saying before unlocking the iPhone it asked for ssn and after u unlocked and popped the T-Mobile sim it never asked for ssn? ..... did u have to go into dfu mode to unlock it or bypass activation ?
i didn't do anything. i just bought unlock fusion thing, pop my tmobile sim card in, don't even connect to itunes. wait for like couple minutes, automatic activate. they don't even ask for ssn or anything. i did it with 3 phone already
bcooln is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone