Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbolt11

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2013
So after an intense amount of debate between:
Should I get a new laptop to replace(sell) my macbook air 2011 (decided yes)
Should I go with a macbook air 2013 or wait for retina refresh (decided AIR)
Should I go with i5 or i7 (leaning towards i7)

I now want to know if there would be any benefit on waiting for a not-first-batch of them. Considering I would likely be ordering a CTO i7/512gb/8gb model I would like some insight on if I should order it now or wait a few weeks or what.

I normally don't go to this level of detail on a new purchase but figure I would poke around if anyone knew it was smart to wait for the production runs to be ironed out.

Thanks

mattferg

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2013
So after an intense amount of debate between:
Should I get a new laptop to replace(sell) my macbook air 2011 (decided yes)
Should I go with a macbook air 2013 or wait for retina refresh (decided AIR)
Should I go with i5 or i7 (leaning towards i7)

I now want to know if there would be any benefit on waiting for a not-first-batch of them. Considering I would likely be ordering a CTO i7/512gb/8gb model I would like some insight on if I should order it now or wait a few weeks or what.

I normally don't go to this level of detail on a new purchase but figure I would poke around if anyone knew it was smart to wait for the production runs to be ironed out.

Thanks

The issues currently out are in a small minority or software based, so just buy now. Note the config you want to buy you can pick up in most Apple stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.