Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jul 2, 2013, 07:28 PM   #326
crzdcolombian
macrumors 6502a

Hope they refresh the ipad or ipad mini and Iphone by before this ends. I want both
crzdcolombian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 08:17 PM   #327
bfarns
macrumors newbie

Hello,
I skimmed the BTS promotion and didn't see any mention of the refurbish store. Here's my situation/question:
I purchased a refurbished notebook this week that is in the mail on its way to me. With the notebook, I used my educator's discount to add the Apple Care warranty program.... Would I have a shot at getting the $100 gift card.... Recent posts in this thread say they called customer service and were getting gift cards emailed.... None mentioned a refurbished notebook, so hence my question.

Thank you for any constructive responses, have a good week.
bfarns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 08:24 PM   #328
magicbumone
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfarns View Post
Hello,
I skimmed the BTS promotion and didn't see any mention of the refurbish store. Here's my situation/question:
I purchased a refurbished notebook this week that is in the mail on its way to me. With the notebook, I used my educator's discount to add the Apple Care warranty program.... Would I have a shot at getting the $100 gift card.... Recent posts in this thread say they called customer service and were getting gift cards emailed.... None mentioned a refurbished notebook, so hence my question.

Thank you for any constructive responses, have a good week.
Refurbished Mac don't qualify for BTS promotion. Apple won't give you a $100 gift card....if you bought new then, yes.
magicbumone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 08:27 PM   #329
MagicHead007
macrumors newbie

Just ordered my MacBook Pro
MagicHead007 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 08:44 PM   #330
Calady
macrumors newbie

No, just confirmed at the store that refurbs are not part of the BTS..
Calady is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 09:19 PM   #331
Jordo!
macrumors newbie

Hope everyone has got what they wanted today! I bought my Macbook Pro and I can't wait to get it! Does anyone know if you can use the $100 gift card in the Apple store towards an iPad?
Jordo! is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 09:21 PM   #332
irDigital0l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Hope everyone has got what they wanted today! I bought my Macbook Pro and I can't wait to get it! Does anyone know if you can use the $100 gift card in the Apple store towards an iPad?
The gift card can only be used for iTunes, App Store, iBookstore.
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 09:28 PM   #333
Jordo!
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
The gift card can only be used for iTunes, App Store, iBookstore.
Thanks! I think it would be nice though if it was just a $100 gift card to be used on products
Jordo! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:22 PM   #334
hkim1983
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Thanks! I think it would be nice though if it was just a $100 gift card to be used on products
A lot of other people would like that too...(myself included), but you know, gotta nudge people into the App store ecosystem.

I put in my order for a new Air the other night, glad I waited it out. I can use the money from selling the card to pick up a sleeve and put the rest towards replacing my Airport Express.
hkim1983 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:34 PM   #335
MBA2013
macrumors newbie

Do you guys know how long it takes for Apple to deliver something to you once you order it with them online? I configure my MBA to 8gb/512gb. Not sure how long it would take for them to put those together and then ship it out, and also how long the shipping actually takes when ordering from apple.
MBA2013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 01:42 PM   #336
Jordo!
macrumors newbie

Just wondering has anyone elses Macbook NOT shipped yet? My gift card shipped this morning but not the Macbook!
Jordo! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 07:42 PM   #337
Kimster19
macrumors newbie

Just placed my order for my Mac Pro. So glad I waited. I'm really excited since I'm a PC user and finally made the transition over. The educational pricing and $100 iTunes gift card was the extra push I needed.

I just have a quick question. Do you need virus protection? I have virus protection on my PC and I like the freedom of not having to be careful or worry since I stream a lot of videos and download files frequently. Is getting virus protection for Mac a good idea?
Kimster19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 09:31 PM   #338
magicbumone
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimster19 View Post
Just placed my order for my Mac Pro. So glad I waited. I'm really excited since I'm a PC user and finally made the transition over. The educational pricing and $100 iTunes gift card was the extra push I needed.

I just have a quick question. Do you need virus protection? I have virus protection on my PC and I like the freedom of not having to be careful or worry since I stream a lot of videos and download files frequently. Is getting virus protection for Mac a good idea?
I've never had Anti-virus software on my Mac. You don't need it and be a waste of money honestly. I hope you bought a MacBook Pro and not the old out dated Mac Pro that going to get a major update later this year. If you did I would cancel that order and wait to buy the new Mac Pro.
magicbumone is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 09:57 PM   #339
Kimster19
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbumone View Post
I've never had Anti-virus software on my Mac. You don't need it and be a waste of money honestly. I hope you bought a MacBook Pro and not the old out dated Mac Pro that going to get a major update later this year. If you did I would cancel that order and wait to buy the new Mac Pro.
Yes, sorry, that's what I meant to say, lol. What about Trojan horses?
Kimster19 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 09:33 AM   #340
Kacper244
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Just wondering has anyone elses Macbook NOT shipped yet? My gift card shipped this morning but not the Macbook!
My gift card shipped 2 days ago and my MacBook Air (configured to 1.7GHz Intel Core i7) is "preparing for shipment" right now. It will be probably shipped out in the next hour or two. Did you configure your MacBook?
Kacper244 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 09:43 PM   #341
hkim1983
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Yup, same here. Not a big deal, I wasn't expecting it to get here until next week or the week after anyway.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 02:15 AM   #342
b738
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbumone View Post
I want to get the cMBP 13" is that ok?
b738 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 02:35 PM   #343
Shabby173
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Mine shipped a couple hours after ordering. My macbook air is supposed to get here 7/9 and the card on 7/10 and a magsafe adapter i ordered with it is scheduled for 7/10. ordered all at once on 7/2
Shabby173 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 03:00 PM   #344
hkim1983
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby173 View Post
Mine shipped a couple hours after ordering. My macbook air is supposed to get here 7/9 and the card on 7/10 and a magsafe adapter i ordered with it is scheduled for 7/10. ordered all at once on 7/2
Was yours a BTO or a stock model? Mine still hasn't shipped and I ordered it on the same day as you (mine is BTO). My card shipped on the 3rd though.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:00 PM   #345
magicbumone
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b738 View Post
I want to get the cMBP 13" is that ok?
The cMBP hasn't seen a update in while but current education pricing for them are good. I'm personally waiting for the rMBP update. It uncertain if Apple will continue the cMBP line or move to the MBA and rMBP for future computer lines. Its not a bad buy right now with the education pricing and BTS special. I say go for it if the new MBA doesn't fit your needs.
magicbumone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice