Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pk7

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
Ummm....thanks?

He gave you a perfectly reasonable answer.

Some brands have released protectors for the 5S and it's updated home button and such. For some existing brands, iPhone 5 protectors already work. For others, they're entirely incompatible with the iPhone 5S.

You'll just have to do some research. Off the top of my head I know that Zagg's protectors are 5s-compatible.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Ummm....thanks?

Sorry perhaps I should clarify, Zagg for instance has a very wide home button opening, Spigen has a very close fitting opening, Power support has a wider home button opening that Spigens. I have never seen the size of the home button on the 5S so I don't know if its the same size as the home button as on the 5 but if the screen protectors home button opening is much wider than the 5 home button than I don't see a compatibility issue.

Lord Hamsa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2013
I believe the Apple folks said "yes, but..." with the caveat being that the opening for the camera is different because of the dual-flash update in the 5S. A 5 case may interfere with the 5S flash.

Strike all of that. For some reason, I misread this as asking about cases.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
It seems like the answer would be no, because the home button opening would have to be bigger (because of the ring). I get my screen protectors cheap on eBay, but usually the home button is pretty tight and close to the actual home button size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.