Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jun 16, 2014, 02:04 PM   #26
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousse View Post
This is enough for me to see that this Taylor chap is the crazy one. Tailgating someone, THEN following him into a parking, THEN pulling a gun and shooting.

I ask this of a responsible gun owner (I don't own a gun) here, although I can guess what the answer would be. If someone pulled a gun and started shooting you, would you shoot back? I should has hail would.

There might have been 3 dead bodies if Pullum (and a nut on the lam) had not returned fire.
Taylor just decided to go after the other guy? There is something missing from this report. I'm not saying it will be justification though.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 07:57 PM   #27
Technarchy
macrumors 68040

How about more details...like so...

http://www.sentinel-standard.com/art...News/131109991
Quote:
Our investigation indicates that Pullum was shot first by Taylor from witness accounts, and this was confirmed through pathology reports of stippling around one of his gunshot wounds," said Troy Thomas, IDPS director.

Police said they found a "bag full" of nine medications – 2,306 pills, plus 10 unknown tablets in an unmarked bottle – prescribed to Robert Taylor, in the front passenger seat of his car on the night of the incident. The medications are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as pain, muscle spasms and hypertension, as well as anxiety, insomnia, depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, panic disorder, ADHD and PTSD, according to the manufacturers' and medical websites.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...rage-incident/

Quote:
aylor had a misdemeanor conviction in 2006 for driving while intoxicated and separately for carrying a gun in the car, Ionia County Prosecutor Robert Schafer told ABC News. As a result, his concealed weapons license was revoked for three years. He eventually applied and received a new license four years later in 2010, Schafer said.
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2014, 07:55 AM   #28
Huntn
macrumors 604

Anyone think it's ironic when a gun carry permit is required to protect yourself from other concealed carry permit holders?
Huntn is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:57 AM   #29
Sydde
macrumors 68000

I swear, they let any old hair-trigger moron have a driver's license. Something ought to be done about that. Get the idiots off the road, then maybe we would need fewer safety devices on our cars.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 01:16 PM   #30
iPhil
macrumors 68030

Location: A$$hat free location,and helping Mac bring back teh sexy-ness era back
Send a message via AIM to iPhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk View Post
What if they're both knife-throwers?
We'd be all sliced..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
Then we're all screwed.
They would be carrying screws to be screwed and screwdriver albeit cordless or manual ..
iPhil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2014, 01:23 PM   #31
jnpy!$4g3cwk
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydde View Post
I swear, they let any old hair-trigger moron have a driver's license. Something ought to be done about that. Get the idiots off the road, then maybe we would need fewer safety devices on our cars.
As a matter of fact, I agree with you. Unfortunately, most places in the U.S. have limited to non-existent alternatives to the Personally Owned Vehicle. I hate commuting by car, and look forward to the day when most people can take public transportation to work. At a certain point, it should be possible to take driver's licenses away from people who can't drive. Judges are very reluctant to do that today because they know that most people just can't get to work without their own wheels.

The personally-owned vehicle is mankind's second biggest mistake.
jnpy!$4g3cwk is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2014, 02:46 PM   #32
Technarchy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
Anyone think it's ironic when a gun carry permit is required to protect yourself from other concealed carry permit holders?
Didnt realize the right to self defense ended with someone else's permit.
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2014, 03:06 PM   #33
Macky-Mac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
but isn't carrying a gun supposed to be for protection from other people who carry guns? so not so ironic.

Why would anybody be surprised when a couple of gun toters get into a shootout.
Macky-Mac is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues