Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jord5i

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Hey all,

I have been working on some stuff, in several documents, using Pages' templates.
Now a problem occurs, for example my resume (using a resume template), has to be copied in another pages document. Copy pasting won't do, as it won't copy the template stuff (the little images, textboxes etc).

Is there a good way of doing this? Haven't been able to find out.

Any help would be appreciated

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Hey all,

I have been working on some stuff, in several documents, using Pages' templates.
Now a problem occurs, for example my resume (using a resume template), has to be copied in another pages document. Copy pasting won't do, as it won't copy the template stuff (the little images, textboxes etc).

Is there a good way of doing this? Haven't been able to find out.

Any help would be appreciated

I haven't tried this my self... but... have you tried the obvious? Which is:
1) Open both documents, with the thumbnails visible (left side bar).
2) Drag the thumbnail(s) from the 1st document to the sidebar of the 2nd document, and drop.

Post back if this doesn't work. I'll be at my work computer today, and can play around then.

Jord5i

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
I haven't tried this my self... but... have you tried the obvious? Which is:
1) Open both documents, with the thumbnails visible (left side bar).
2) Drag the thumbnail(s) from the 1st document to the sidebar of the 2nd document, and drop.

Post back if this doesn't work. I'll be at my work computer today, and can play around then.

Thanks! It works, well I couldn't get the drag and drop to work, but right-clicking the thumbnail, then copy pasting it did.

Jord5i

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Wow, this is terrific, thanks! :) I was wondering how to do this and have given up in frustration in the past. Can't wait to try this.

I had just 1 issue, even though it is in the same document, it still kinda acts like it are different documents. When you add page numbers, or fill in the bottom or top row thingies, they only work for the pages that were originally in that document. Kinda weird.

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
I had just 1 issue, even though it is in the same document, it still kinda acts like it are different documents. When you add page numbers, or fill in the bottom or top row thingies, they only work for the pages that were originally in that document. Kinda weird.

Hi!
I just tried it but could only place the new document at the beginning or the end of the first document, not in between. :confused:

Page numbers don't show for me unless I print (perhaps there is a setting to show them on screen but I don't know it, yet :eek: ) ---so I don't know if that is affected like your document. You mentioned a problem with your Headers & Footers --but in my test, the new document changed to the first document's Headers & Footers, even if placed at the top.

Hmmmm, little quirks, --but this still a very useful tip which i will use in future!

Jord5i

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Hi!
I just tried it but could only place the new document at the beginning or the end of the first document, not in between. :confused:

Page numbers don't show for me unless I print (perhaps there is a setting to show them on screen but I don't know it, yet :eek: ) ---so I don't know if that is affected like your document. You mentioned a problem with your Headers & Footers --but in my test, the new document changed to the first document's Headers & Footers, even if placed at the top.

Hmmmm, little quirks, --but this still a very useful tip which i will use in future!

Yeah it doesn't work as well as I'd hoped, but it keeps lay-out etc. So I'm happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.