Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Apple 3 Version 2 to be exact.

I'm not sure why I went so long without one. I've basically been using all sorts of software to try to stream movies/TV from my iMac (in the upstairs games room) to my main HDTV (downstairs in the living room) and eventually using USB hard drives/SD cards to copy movies to them and plug them into my HDTV. Such a hassle.

Using the Apple TV, my streaming life got 1000x easier.

CTay

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2013
Apple 3 Version 2 to be exact.

I'm not sure why I went so long without one. I've basically been using all sorts of software to try to stream movies/TV from my iMac (in the upstairs games room) to my main HDTV (downstairs in the living room) and eventually using USB hard drives/SD cards to copy movies to them and plug them into my HDTV. Such a hassle.

Using the Apple TV, my streaming life got 1000x easier.

Same here. Was trying to do everything with a PS3. I could get it done but it always buffered or errored in some way or another. I had pleanty of bandwith, just very unreliable.

I have been very pleased with AppleTV. Aside from an occasional sync problem when pausing a movie...been flawless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.