Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:22 AM   #76
SAMtheGAM
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper0bot0 View Post
On a 3G device with grandfathered unlimited data, the only option to add mobile hotspot is $20/month for 2 gigs of data for mobile hotspot. On a 4G device with grandfathered unlimited data, the only option to add mobile hotspot is $30/month for unlimited data for the mobile hotspot.

</thread>
Thanks for the post I just added the 4G mobile hotspot for $30 to my unlimited data plan on my iPhone 5. I added it online. I am also surprised I get a discount on the hotspot like I do on rate plan & data plan.

Customer care kept on telling me there is no $30 option just a $20 option for 2 GB. Customer care did tell me that they have offered unlimited data for hotspot for 4G devices before but the option to add it is gone. I recently canceled my unlimited data for $59.99 USB 3G Data Card so the mobile hot spot will come in handy when I have my laptop with me.
SAMtheGAM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:51 PM   #77
SonRK
macrumors member

I'm thinking about adding this since I have an iPad Mini with me and would like to use the larger screen to do stuff.

How's the battery life? Atrocious as I expect it to be? Or can I squeeze out like some sort of solid 5 hours or something

-edit-
I'm looking at the feature online and my 20% off USPS employee discount doesn't seem to apply to it. Bummer because someone in this topic mentioned their voice/data discounts applied to it as wel

Last edited by SonRK; Nov 25, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
SonRK is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone