Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Oct 10, 2013, 01:07 AM   #1
tears2040
macrumors 6502

iphone 5s adapter = Need Help?

I just bought an iPhone 5s and need an adapter so I can use it in my car, radio, etc.

Not a simple aux cable but actual adapter that converts the new connection to the old one. I have older connection in my car and docks at home.

Thanks a lot.
tears2040 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 01:20 AM   #2
bighabeeb
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tears2040 View Post
I just bought an iPhone 5s and need an adapter so I can use it in my car, radio, etc.

Not a simple aux cable but actual adapter that converts the new connection to the old one. I have older connection in my car and docks at home.

Thanks a lot.
Google is your friend
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...30-pin-adapter
And some fugly homebrew contraption
bighabeeb is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 01:54 AM   #3
tears2040
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighabeeb View Post
Many of these adapters are known to NOT work with the 5s. Also judging by the horrible reviews I wouldn't want to use that charger regardless.

Last edited by OllyW; Oct 10, 2013 at 04:19 AM. Reason: removed insults
tears2040 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 02:11 AM   #4
Robster3
Banned

Quote:
Many of these adapters are known to NOT work with the 5s. Also judging by the horrible reviews I wouldn't want to use that charger regardless.
The only thing wrong with that adapter is it won't work with some cases. I use it with a 4s car charger and a home dock.

Last edited by OllyW; Oct 10, 2013 at 04:19 AM. Reason: clean up
Robster3 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 03:03 AM   #5
pojo1806
macrumors 6502

Quote:
It's the official apple connector so I'm sure it work. People are complaining because it doesn't fit with some cases, if that's a problem take your case off while you use it.

Last edited by OllyW; Oct 10, 2013 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Removed insult & clean up to quoted post
pojo1806 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 03:56 PM   #6
Mr.C
macrumors 68020

Quote:
That is the official adapter and should work just fine with the 5S. If it doesn't then no adapter will. Not to mention you obviously haven't read those reviews as most of the bad ones are to do with it not working with certain cases or being too expensive and have nothing to do with the actuall performance or quality of the adapter itself.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 10:27 AM   #7
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Quote:
That isn't a charger and it's the official Apple adapter.

Quote:
Also judging by the horrible reviews I wouldn't want to use that charger regardless.
...and you need to learn to read between the lines with reviews versus just looking at the number of stars. Consider the reviewer and the relevance of the reviewer's preferences/needs to your own. As some of the reviews state, if fit with a case is a problem for you then consider the cable version of the adapter.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:11 PM   #8
bighabeeb
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I can't speak for the folks reviewing them, but personally and around my office we probably bought 50 or 60 of these and have never had an issue with them - I even put one through the wash by accident and it SHOCKINGLY still functioned just fine.
And some fugly homebrew contraption
bighabeeb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:36 PM   #9
Carlanga
macrumors 603

Quote:
did you even read why the reviews were not perfect

This is an original apple product, although very expensive of what it does, it's the only one that works smoothly and perfectly. Chinese knockoffs fail fast (and if you want sound you have to connect the headphones connector to it also in the chinese copies)

So the best and only good way to make things work w/ your old accessories as before is to get the one they linked here or the other version that has a bit of cable; both apple originals.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:52 PM   #10
adam9c1
macrumors 6502

The fake ones will not convert digital audio to analog.
I think the expensive Apple one does.

FYI when I got my wife iPad mini instead of a spare cable I bought one of those connector things and it easily snapped at the 8 pin.
adam9c1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2013, 03:29 PM   #11
webslinger85
macrumors 6502a

If people are worried about not fitting with a case, i don't know why you don't just buy this

The connector may be slightly thicker, but still works with most cases as opposed to the one already posted

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories