Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeff92k7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2012
I was hoping that this new Apple TV update would have resolved the wired networking issue where the Apple TV holds connections open to iTunes even after the Apple TV powers down. Eventually, iTunes freezes up and has to be restarted.

Checked my iTunes server this morning and saw that the issue still exists. One of my Apple TVs was holding about 30 network connections open even though it has gone to standby.

Looks like we're still forced to use wireless connections or to restart iTunes every couple days.

Hey Apple, what happened to 'it just works'?

Jeff

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Hey Apple, what happened to 'it just works'?

Jeff

I've not noticed this on my mini running as a iTunes server and my ATV on wired. But, I havent really looked for it either.

I presume you've reported the bug trough the right channels?

jeff92k7

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2012
I've not noticed this on my mini running as a iTunes server and my ATV on wired. But, I havent really looked for it either.

I presume you've reported the bug trough the right channels?

Yes, I have. I'm hoping that more people will report it too. In fact, when I called, the young lady said that it was a known issue that they have been working to resolve. She thought that the 5.2 update was supposed to fix it.

Last edited:

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Yes, I have. I'm hoping that more people will report it too. In fact, when I called, the young lady said that it was a known issue that they have been working to resolve. She thought that the 5.2 update was supposed to fix it.

OK, too bad. :( Great work with the bug report though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.