Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael.Jacobs

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2011
iPhone Insurance

With all do respect, please do not call me a liar. I am here to simply provide the facts. As I stated our forms have been secure since day one. They were and still are hosted on a third party server. Although they are on our website, they sit on a separate server. If we were to take our website down, you could still access those forms via a URL. The forms themselves are a 128 bit SSL encrypted and all submissions are via a secure transfer protocol. If you are in this field, you should be aware that not only is this possible it also common.

Thank you.

kirbster

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2011
With no respect whatsoever, I only call you a liar because you repeatedly lie. At the moment I first posted on this site, your forms used HTTP, an insecure protocol, to transmit the data submitted by users. ANY person who knows anything about the web knows that is not safe whatsoever. A website MUST use HTTPS to be encrypted, and thus secure. That is FACT. Since you keep claiming the forms were secure at that time, there are only two options: you know nothing about web yet you're pretending you do and spout off nonsense, or you're lying. So if you think you're not lying, then you're agreeing you're incompetent. I don't think that's an improvement whatsoever. Neither shows off your company in a good light, which is why I'm telling folks here that it'd be best to shop elsewhere.

Remember, I have nothing to gain or lose in this discussion. I'm an iPhone user who was looking for insurance. Initially, looking over your site, I thought your product sounded good, until I went to the forms and saw that only an idiot would be willing to put his or her credit card information on there and submit it. I saw your claim that the forms were secure, and I had to call you on it. Fairly quickly after I did so, suddenly you bought a certificate and placed the entire site under HTTPS, thus demonstrating that I struck a nerve. If you'd come back on here and admitted your earlier error and said you'd rectified it, I'd have been ok with it (although still wondering at the previous incompetence of your web folks), but you compounded things but continuing to spew your lies.

Again, to every potential buyer: caveat emptor.

With all do respect, please do not call me a liar. I am here to simply provide the facts. As I stated our forms have been secure since day one. They were and still are hosted on a third party server. Although they are on our website, they sit on a separate server. If we were to take our website down, you could still access those forms via a URL. The forms themselves are a 128 bit SSL encrypted and all submissions are via a secure transfer protocol. If you are in this field, you should be aware that not only is this possible it also common.

Thank you.

nupe357

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2011
BBB Rating for insureappleiphone.com

Mr. Jacobs:

I'm interested in possibly doing business with your company but when I followed the link your provided in your post to the Central Florida BBB I found that your company had a rating of "F"

Can you tell me why (in your opinion) your company has this rating and what your company is doing to improve this rating?

Nupe357

Hello Old Wiz,

Please allow me to address some of your concerns.

First, I am an employee of the company. I was given permission to comment in this forum in order to try and clarify the misleading opinions about our company. You will notice that I did not comment on anything in a positive or negative way, I simply tried to state the facts.

The different companies that you have named offer services that many other companies offer as well. Though not all are as well known as the companies you have mentioned, it does not mean that the service they provide is any better or worse. We have chosen to utilize the services of other companies and not place their logos all over our site. This may not be what other companies have chosen to do, but as an organization we have.

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/...insure-apple-iphone-in-lake-mary-fl-135902545

You will notice that our BBB link is above. As you can see we are in an update status. Again, some companies choose to display their logo and some do not. We have decided not to. While the BBB is a great consumer outreach, it is also very easy to qualify as long as you pay the required fee. They are a business just like us. Our goal is to always make the right decision for the customer. This proactive service oriented process helps us eliminate the need for a third party intervention. In the rare case that we would, we have an arbitration option for our customers. We have never gotten to that point in nearly 3 years, and do not plan to.

I understand and respect your point of view and appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve the customer shopping experience. I kindly ask that you respect our point of view and how we have chosen to conduct business. We run a legitimate business providing many people a great service. If you would like to discuss things in more detail, I would be glad to speak with you at anytime. My contact information is listed in my previous post.

Thank you,

Michael Jacobs

Insure Apple iPhone

rrtiger

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
insureappleiphone.com

I was searching for iPhone insurance and ran into this disucssion. I really do not know why people hiding behind their nick names were giving Michael Jacobs such a hard time. He gave out his true identity and should deserve more creditibility.

Has anyone had actual problems getting services from the current insureappleiphone.com?

Lambnads

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2013
Used them since wife and I got IPhones 6/2011. Been ok. Used them three times already. Loosing money on me I'm sure. Pay $5.99 month for theft/loss/damage with $50 deductible each use.

Not bad. Did have problem with internal speaker and sent in. Waited a week then got back same phone with same problem. Probably never looked at by tech. Must have been an issue at the repair facility. Without phone for over two weeks. Got a free 50 cent case out of deal and supposedly new phone. In not convinced phone was ever new. Likely refurb since it never really worked great. In sending in this "new" phone now with bad headphone jack and the button in the phone sometimes doesn't work at all. For the price, not bad. I understand prices have gone up since i established account with them 6/2011

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.