Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Apr 15, 2013, 08:41 PM   #1
determined09
macrumors 6502

Over the Air TV

I live here in the Houston area near hobby airport. The last year there has been an increase in the number of planes coming in and out of Hobby Airport. I don't have cable. I have rabbit ears still. So, every time that a plane flies over the house, I lose the picture of the TV show that I'm watching. Can any one give me any suggestions?

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2013, 03:14 AM   #2
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

If all the TV towers are around the same area then a directional antenna could solve your problem. These are externally mounted antennas, vaguely resembling satellite dishes, that focus signals coming from a specific direction.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 04:31 PM   #3
RoastingPig
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to RoastingPig
get one of them house antennas that you mount on the roof
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:32 AM   #4
Peace
macrumors P6

Almost all of the HD antennas are directional ones.
I live about 2 miles from PDX to my north but the towers are to the west. The HD antenna has to be pointed in that direction to get a signal and I used an indoor one. Very picky they are.
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:25 AM   #5
Mousse
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Almost all of the HD antennas are directional ones.
There are plenty of omni-directional antennas. I've got ChannelMaster 3000A and get well over 60-70 OTA channels. Nearly half of them are in Spanish which I don't understand.

And since he lives in the Houston area, with a good enough antenna he can get channels from Conroe, Baytown and Katy...so an a directional antenna would be pretty limiting. Mounting an outdoors antenna would be as high as realistically possible would be ideal. But if, like me, he lives in an area with an oppressive HOA (welcome to the People's Republic of ) then mounting inside the attic would the next best thing.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion