Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
when is the estimate date for 6.1 from apple

To elaborate on above.

The betas expire on Monday, thus it will be in the hands of developers no later than tomorrow.

Apple "said" LTE enablement for other international markets by next week, which will require a software update.

Thus, the general public should have it anytime between now and next Thursday EST (because end of week for Europe and abroad would be Friday by that point)

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Very good read indeed! The last 4 paragraphs say A LOT.

The jailbreak scene is far from gone, people.

BL.

Hmm I recall a similar situation during the iOS 6 betas of them having exploits ready, then iOS 6 introduced ASLR which changed the landscape.

I would IMAGINE the existing exploits may be burned on future iOS 6 releases, or iOS 7 may increase security further thus rendering them useless.

If not, great news!

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Lol:D
That would be great but every bug doesnt equal a full jailbreak.
Its definatelly looking better than it did months ago.

"When trying to help them, I found other vulnerabilities, but we won't use them for that jailbreak. Next one certainly ..."
I think he was talking about iOS 7 jailbreak and the next one being iOS 8 :D

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
But given the tweet below, it seems like we really are just waiting for 6.1 and the jailbreak will follow soon after:

So we're on then: You bet a jb will be released soon after 6.1. I bet they will come out and say something along the lines of "blah blah exploit is important for the future... blah blah going to wait for next firmware unless XYZ happens... blah blah we're close though...".

I hope I'm wrong, but I know better.

They get to have their jailbreak, and they don't have to share it. I respect that it's theirs to do with as they please, but they should stop teasing people with it.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
"When trying to help them, I found other vulnerabilities, but we won't use them for that jailbreak. Next one certainly ..."
I think he was talking about iOS 7 jailbreak and the next one being iOS 8 :D

Or maybe iOS 10:D

----------

So we're on then: You bet a jb will be released soon after 6.1. I bet they will come out and say something along the lines of "blah blah exploit is important for the future... blah blah going to wait for next firmware unless XYZ happens... blah blah we're close though...".

They get to have their jailbreak, and they don't have to share it. I respect that it's theirs to do with as they please, but they should stop teasing people with it.

No matter what you or me say or do it wont change a thing.
They do what's best for the JB community wether you agree with it or not.
And they do it for free btw;)
If you think they're teasing you stop reading it.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World

I hope i'am wrong but maybe there will be a time we won't have non-believers and doubters, but i know better...

asgr8

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2010
Planet being says he and pod2g have good news

What I think is happening at apple HQ right now. Tom Cook getting angry at all engineers that we need to find those bugs now damnit. We need to close the loopholes before Monday or we have to either bow down to jb community or release beta 5.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
What I think is happening at apple HQ right now. Tom Cook getting angry at all engineers that we need to find those bugs now damnit. We need to close the loopholes before Monday or we have to either bow down to jb community or release beta 5.

Is Tom, Tim's brother?

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009

Not happening.

iOS 6 has been in the works since early 2011, perhaps even earlier.

The bugs have been there since the early betas of iOS 6 (since they are still there), thus if they haven't found them yet, there is no way they'll find them in a matter of days.

If they plan on deferring the release date of iOS 6.1 to try and find and patch exploits they feasibly do not have time to locate, then I really fear Apple has lost their way.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas

If the JB dev team has to blindly find these exploits, then apple will have to do the same. Like the dev team says "it might take days or months to find exploits". I'm sure apple isn't going to wait months possibly years to look for an exploit, when they can just easily patch it when a JB is released.

asgr8

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2010
Not happening.

iOS 6 has been in the works since early 2011, perhaps even earlier.

The bugs have been there since the early betas of iOS 6 (since they are still there), thus if they haven't found them yet, there is no way they'll find them in a matter of days.

If they plan on deferring the release date of iOS 6.1 to try and find and patch exploits they feasibly do not have time to locate, then I really fear Apple has lost their way.

Yea lets hope so. Can't wait to jb my iPhone 5 and Mini.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011

People aren't happy because no one gives them an answer when they ask "When is the jailbreak coming?" and now that we know it's coming after 6.1 is released we whine because we're being "teased".

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
People aren't happy because no one gives them an answer when they ask "When is the jailbreak coming?"

How do you expect someone to give an answer to a question that they don't have an answer for? As if the person asking the question is entitled to have it?

Besides, they give an answer: It will be ready when it is ready. Until then sit back and either enjoy your iPhone or wait (im)patiently. Either way, bothering the developers more with the same question isn't going to make it come faster, as then they would have to waste time they oculd use to develop a jailbreak to answer the same question over and over again.

and now that we know it's coming after 6.1 is released we whine because we're being "teased".

Yes. Keep in mind that this is after you got your answer: It will/may come out after 6.1 is released. But don't expect it, because again, we all are not entitled to it.

BL.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
The devs have been much better about being hush hush regarding progress. It was more torturous last year because we had updates fairly often since October of that year yet didn't get a JB for the 4S until late January.

This time it almost came out of left field.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
I was wrong.

I'm shocked and amazed, but there's a first time for everything I suppose :p

Enjoy this JB. It might be a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time before we see another one of this gravity. Pretty cool stuff, and well worth a donation to the guys who actually found exploits they would give the community.

I'm still not a huge fan of PB, but at least he leant some expertise to make this happen.

Let the pirati... err... tweaking and legitimate stuff... begin!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.