Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

claudej

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2011
HoChi Minh
I've been 3 years in Vietnam now and I need a new Mac but can't buy it here. I need a BTO model.
In July I'm going to Japan for a week and I'll stay at the youth hostel.
Can I order in store and delivered to the store? As I don't have a Japanese Apple ID account (I have one from Canada), can it be ordered?

If no one knows for Japan, can it usually be done in any country that has an Apple online store that takes BTO?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I can configure a BTO on the US apple.com store and set it up for pickup at an Apple retail store. It gives me a date when it'll be available for pickup. Didn't need to sign in, I did this as guest.

If you can read japanese, give it a try on the Japanese store site. You don't have to finalize the purchase. I can't read the Japanese site so don't know if they're offering that.

Attached shows what it looks like on the US site. When I click the "Pick up" radio button it asks for a ZIP code and allows me to choose the ARS I want to pick up at, and gives me a date.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 9.45.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 9.45.18 PM.png
    81 KB · Views: 106

claudej

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2011
HoChi Minh
I am in hcmc too. You can order BTO options at the Futureworld stores. It will take some time to deliver...

I asked them for quotes on BTO in the last 3 years. They take a very high margin. And the very long delay is probably due for the time for them to get a few BTO and have one of their friends to come from the US (or wherever) with the stuff in a suitcase.

----------

I can configure a BTO on the US apple.com store and set it up for pickup at an Apple retail store.

The Japanese site doesn't offer that service. But I e-mailed Apple Japan and I'm waiting for their reply.

claudej

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2011
HoChi Minh
Ok Got this from Apple Japan
---------------------------------------------
Credit cards issued outside of Japan are acceptable, but it might take a few days to get authorization from the credit card company. And you might receive notification emails from our payment department, if additional information or documents are required from your credit company.

When you order at Apple Online Store, you need to register a ship-to address.
Please be noted that you cannot receive the product at the retail stores.
---------------------------------------------
So, I can order from Vietnam to the Apple Japan online store, pay with my Canadian Visa card. I'll just have to find a ship-to address in Japan, as it cannnot be an Apple retail store.

Yak Nepper

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2013
Ho Chi Minh City
BTO arrived in just 30 days (acceptable for Vietnam).
Delivered from Singapore store with no extra cost.
The waiting is due to Vietnamese customs very slow paperwork.

Cheers

I asked them for quotes on BTO in the last 3 years. They take a very high margin. And the very long delay is probably due for the time for them to get a few BTO and have one of their friends to come from the US (or wherever) with the stuff in a suitcase.[COLOROR]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.