Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Thats actually a really good price IMO. I recently got 200$ for an iPhone 4 that i traded in at GameStop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It's cheap because it's only CDMA and can only be used on Verizon. It doesn't have a GSM radio and SIM card.

Supraking

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2010
That's not cheap, it's a terrible price for an iPhone 4 specially that is CDMA. Search on Craiglist or eBay, you'll find better prices there I have bought a couple of GSM iPhone 4 from Craiglist for $150 for family members.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
As the iP4 is an older model, getting one brand new, mint in the box might be worth a few extra dollars vs picking off one on Craig's list you don't know the history of.

That is, if you have your heart set on an iP4 anyways...

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I'd highly suggest an iPhone 4S, not a 4. Seems that many have forgotten about the Antennagate Debacle. Out of the five iPhone 4 models I bought upon its release, only one was capable of making phone calls. That was a nightmare year, the absolute worst of the iPhones to date.

Fortunately Apple woke up, hired a bunch of antenna engineers and they made sure the 4S was a reliable functioning phone. That plus many other improvements made the 4S my favorite iPhone. In fact had I known the iP5 would be saddled with this odd elongated, narrow display... I would have happily kept my 4S and passed on the 5.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
I'd be looking to get a 4S, a 4 is slow and will get slower with ios7.

Puff daddy

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2013
I use a 4 and reception is fine and it doesn't warp or bend like its big brother 5 which is fixing to be outdated ( so called ) by a 5s. Good phone unless you a teck geek who doesn't get laid and needs latest mass produced crap

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
I use a 4 and reception is fine and it doesn't warp or bend like its big brother 5 which is fixing to be outdated ( so called ) by a 5s. Good phone unless you a teck geek who doesn't get laid and needs latest mass produced crap

The point is that the iPhone 4 has a relatively short support life ahead of it compared to even the 4S. Which is fine as long as you're aware of it. If the OP can find a 4S for the same price or a bit more, it would be worth it. Choosing to buy a newer iPhone doesn't make you "a teck geek who doesn't get laid and needs latest mass produced crap", as you put it.

And very few people have actually had problems with the iPhone 5 bending. Less people than those who experienced reception issues with the iPhone 4, I'm sure. If iPhone 4 reception is fine (which it generally is), then so is the "bending" in the iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.