Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:54 PM   #1
malik1217
macrumors newbie

help with jailbroken ipod touch 4g

so my ipod 4th gen is jailbroken and the charger port broke and the batterys dead. now my ipods completley dead no hard restore no connecting to itunes/computer or wall charger not even an ipod dock or and iphone charger. anyway if my ipods completley dead and under warranty if i send it in will they replace it. someone said the replacing price is 99$ for the 8gb
malik1217 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:33 PM   #2
tmonk13
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by malik1217 View Post
so my ipod 4th gen is jailbroken and the charger port broke and the batterys dead. now my ipods completley dead no hard restore no connecting to itunes/computer or wall charger not even an ipod dock or and iphone charger. anyway if my ipods completley dead and under warranty if i send it in will they replace it. someone said the replacing price is 99$ for the 8gb
Or you can take it to the Apple retail store and they can most likely replace it there for you for that fee and you won't have to wait for shipping of the replacement product.
tmonk13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:37 PM   #3
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by malik1217 View Post
BE careful what you mention to Apple. They may focus in on the wrong issue(s).

The phone is jailbroken? That doesn't sound like your problem.

The battery is dead? Is it dead or just drained from not being able to be charged? The $99 sounds like the battery replacement charge.

The charger port is broken? This sounds like the real issue. This is what you need to tell Apple. Will it be covered under warranty? It depends on why it broke. Was it a product defect or did you drop/abuse it? This will determine if it is covered under warranty.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:41 PM   #4
malik1217
macrumors newbie

It was charging and my lil sister stepped on the cord by accident (shes only 5) and it ripped out causing the little prongs to fall out an now the battery is completley dead also it doesnt show the little red battery with the USB and lightning symbol anymore. I think its completley dead.
malik1217 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch