Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hypmatize

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
SoCal

Attachments

• SixTools_1326368744867.jpg
    SixTools_1326368744867.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 76

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
To all of the folks here using a BB a couple of questions for you....

1. How do you keep your contacts/cal in sync? BBDM? BES? I test drove a 9900 a few months ago and could never get everything to sync right across BIS.

2. Have they improved 2 way mail sync at all over BIS with Google Apps mail? Was always hit or miss in the past, but I know they were supposed to be rolling out a new version of BIS this past fall and didn't know if that sorted it out.

SaMaster14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
Los Angeles, CA

1. How do you keep your contacts/cal in sync? BBDM? BES? I test drove a 9900 a few months ago and could never get everything to sync right across BIS.

2. Have they improved 2 way mail sync at all over BIS with Google Apps mail? Was always hit or miss in the past, but I know they were supposed to be rolling out a new version of BIS this past fall and didn't know if that sorted it out.

I don't sync my contacts/calendar. its not necessary for me, everything is just on my device. I have a Mac too, so I think its more difficult. There are times where I wish my contacts and calendars would sync to my Mac's Address Book and iCal so I could have them sync with my iPad and iPod via Cloud... but, no biggy for me.

And I have a gmail account, and it works flawlessly on the BB. Don't really use Google Apps though

hypmatize

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
SoCal

I use gmail for my contacts and calendar. I have the 9900 with BIS btw

The two way sync for gmail is still slow... takes a while for it to update that I already read the email somewhere else but it is read almost immediately in mail or gmail if I check it on my phone. Not sure if T-Mobile rolled out the new version of BIS or not. The last time I called they couldn't tell me when they were planning on rolling it out.

I don't sync my contacts/calendar. its not necessary for me, everything is just on my device. I have a Mac too, so I think its more difficult. There are times where I wish my contacts and calendars would sync to my Mac's Address Book and iCal so I could have them sync with my iPad and iPod via Cloud... but, no biggy for me.

And I have a gmail account, and it works flawlessly on the BB. Don't really use Google Apps though

I also have a mac.... I am pretty sure BB desktop allows you to sync with your ical and address book. I don't use the two so I can't really test it out for you.

Last edited:

reebzor

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Philadelphia, PA

I'm a BES admin, so I have all of our BB's set to wirelessly sync contacts and calendar. It's kind of a PITA to do since we are a Domino environment, but it works so I really can't complain.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
This is my BlackBerry Bold :). It's great to use for IRC.

Attachments

• Capture%20on%2011-03-2012%2014-10-49.jpg
    Capture%20on%2011-03-2012%2014-10-49.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 85

opinioncircle

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
I had my BB Bold 9780 and couldn't know about these widgets...Looks like a whole lot of fun...

As for the BB, my big beef is the inability to pull off all the email in one's inbox, which is, to me, extremely weird.

If anyone has tips on this...

opinioncircle

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
I have a question for blackberry bold 9900 owners out there. Does the phone has to restart everytime it updates an app? Also when running apps does the screen to set up your privacy access pops up?

My bold 9780 does that all the time, and quite frankly this is getting me nuts. The Evernote apps does that everytime I pull it up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.