Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:28 AM   #26
Wicked1
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzerandchips View Post
I've just played with the new Nokia 920..and I find myself strangely attracted to it...like Nicole kidmans bottom....red brake callipers on a yellow Ferrari ....I've been an avid iPhone apple man since 1990....please help curb my fetish desire to purchase a luminar 920...please apple make the iPhone 6 soon with the screen size of a 920, girly bold colours like an iPod....or just shoot me !
I am having the same thought of getting the Samsung Note II only because it bridges the gap for me to use one device to merge my phone and tablet, the other reason I am just a little but bored of iOS since I have been on it since the 3G
Wicked1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:34 PM   #27
617aircav
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by siurpeeman View Post
or, you know, you could just get the lumia 920. though if it were me, i'd get an htc 8x.
Yep 8x is thinner and looks better.
617aircav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:20 PM   #28
SAD*FACED*CLOWN
macrumors 65816

The 920 is an excellent phone...the windows apps are lacking...but the hardware is great...I'd wait for the next Lumia or whatever comes out next year to replace the 920 before jumping The Apple ship
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:56 PM   #29
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentini View Post
Not true. The whole warranty process with Nokia is atrocious compared to Apple's service.
A lot of people have reported otherwise. I am just basing my opinions on what I read. Can you be more specific with what is so atrocious about it? I have heard nothing but good things; plenty of cases where Nokia is sending out a replacement phone and asking the user to drop their non working phone into the box and ship it back to them.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:36 PM   #30
Peterg2
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD*FACED*CLOWN View Post
The 920 is an excellent phone...the windows apps are lacking...but the hardware is great...I'd wait for the next Lumia or whatever comes out next year to replace the 920 before jumping The Apple ship
I wish it were true as I really wanted to go with it. However, spend enough time on wpcentral.com, taking into account that sales are far, far less than say the iphone 5 and you realise there seems to be way too many people going through multiple phones (and nothing like relatively minor imperfections like scuffing) with battery issues, build quality issues, bricking issues, sensor issues (largely due to dust and the design of the sensor). It really goes on and on.

Now I am reading crackberry.com but very early days to pass judgement although some users complaining (members with several hundred posts at minimum and been there years) are accused of trolling
Peterg2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:48 AM   #31
alphaod
macrumors Core

I love my Lumia 920… you should give in on the urge and buy one.

Or if you really meant Lumina, the car customizing shop…
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:31 AM   #32
lentini
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
A lot of people have reported otherwise. I am just basing my opinions on what I read. Can you be more specific with what is so atrocious about it? I have heard nothing but good things; plenty of cases where Nokia is sending out a replacement phone and asking the user to drop their non working phone into the box and ship it back to them.
Well in the UK you have to send it away. I had a slight fault with the camera and I sent it away with full details and examples of what it was doing. They ignored all that and just sent my phone unrepaired back after a week with a firmware update. I sent it away again and after a week they emailed me to say the 'Level 3 technician' had deemed it 'No Fault Found' as they couldn't replicate the fault. I provided them with a load of photos and videos affected by the fault and they finally replaced my phone.

I'm not alone. Loads have sent their phone away for it to come back with the same or even more faults.

Last edited by lentini; Feb 5, 2013 at 04:50 AM.
lentini is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:40 AM   #33
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentini View Post
Well in the UK you have to send it away. I had a slight fault with the camera and I sent it away with full details and examples of what it was doing. They ignored all that and just sent my phone unrepaired back after a week with a firmware update. I sent it away again and after a week they emailed me to say the 'Level 3 technician' had deemed it 'No Fault Found' as they couldn't replicate the fault. I provided them with a load of photos and videos affected by the fault and they finally replaced my phone.

I'm not alone. Loads have sent their phone away for it to come back with the same or even more faults.
I should have mentioned I was speaking for the US market through AT&T. UK has been plagued by this phone from the very beginning starting with a soft launch date and no stock anywhere. For the record you must send it out in the US too. I have heard of many people getting a repaired phone and a pair of earbuds (or some other freebie) thrown in for their troubles as well.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:02 PM   #34
nburwell
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzerandchips View Post
I've been an avid iPhone apple man since 1990....
I would love to see what the iPhone looked like circa 1990.
nburwell is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone