Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:52 AM   #26
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myiphone7 View Post
Why are you dodging my questions?

Again, Misrepresentation of service as advertised. How come you're having so much trouble understanding something so simple?
I don't misunderstand you at all. You haven't shown me where connection speed is promised. You're dodging my question.

Last edited by SandboxGeneral; Nov 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Clean up from quoted text
mobilehaathi is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:53 AM   #27
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehaathi View Post
I don't misunderstand you at all. You haven't shown me where connection speed is promised. You're dodging my question.
I already answered your Q 3 times I can't help it if you don't understand and you still didn't answer all of mine

Last edited by SandboxGeneral; Nov 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Clean up of quoted text
Myiphone7 is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:56 AM   #28
Charadis
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudLoz View Post
Yeah, all of that will just eat up your 5 GBs allotment in no time. Well, I recommend you try to get one of those Unlimited Verizon data plans on eBay. I've seen a couple of them, the seller will just transfer their plan to you, and you take over. Problem is, the eBay listing will cost you, and if you try to transfer your current number from AT&T, you'll pay an ETF too, so that'll stack up. But it's an option.
Good advice. Or, you can try this:

1.) Since you have unlimited AT&T data, try selling your account on eBay, but keep your iPhone 5.

2.) Purchase a Verizon account with unlimited data, and have owner transfer to your name.

3.) Unlock your iPhone 5 on AT&T and sell on eBay/Craigslist.

4.) Purchase new iPhone 5 on Verizon at no commitment price and add to your newly acquired unlimited data account.

5.) Enjoy truly unlimited and fast data* with free Facetime over cellular in pure bliss and harmony to your heart's desire. FaceTime your friends on AT&T just to tell them you can.

6.) Live happily ever after. Until iPhone 6 comes out.

*Data speed dependent upon your area's coverage. No guarantees are made, expressed or implied. See carrier for details. Sent from my iPhone 5.
Charadis is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:58 AM   #29
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charadis View Post
Good advice. Or, you can try this:

1.) Since you have unlimited AT&T data, try selling your account on eBay, but keep your iPhone 5.

2.) Purchase a Verizon account with unlimited data, and have owner transfer to your name.

3.) Unlock your iPhone 5 on AT&T and sell on eBay/Craigslist.

4.) Purchase new iPhone 5 on Verizon at no commitment price and add to your newly acquired unlimited data account.

5.) Enjoy truly unlimited and fast data* with free Facetime over cellular in pure bliss and harmony to your heart's desire. FaceTime your friends on AT&T just to tell them you can.

6.) Live happily ever after. Until iPhone 6 comes out.

*Data speed dependent upon your area's coverage. No guarantees are made, expressed or implied. See carrier for details. Sent from my iPhone 5.
Lol I love the *. That's actually a really good idea I might give that a try.

I know iPhone 5 S is around the corner but I'll get to enjoy it until then. Thanks man!

----------

Have a question - is there a difference between Verizon and AT&T iPhone 5?
Myiphone7 is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:59 AM   #30
fruitpunch.ben
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by XboxMySocks View Post
a) Move to the UK.
b) Sit and cry in a corner.

EDIT: Or move to the great white north where 6GB of data a month costs $80... not including other cell services like texting.
Not sure which carrier you are with, but 6GB on Fido costs $30, and if you're an existing customer going on a contract you can sometimes get credits on that
iPhone 5 64GB Black
fruitpunch.ben is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:03 AM   #31
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehaathi View Post
No, you haven't. You must not read too accurately. Anyway, carry on with your hissy fit: good luck suing AT&T.
White flag eh? Still no answer...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitpunch.ben View Post
Not sure which carrier you are with, but 6GB on Fido costs $30, and if you're an existing customer going on a contract you can sometimes get credits on that

Fido? Not sure about them...Where are they located?

6Gb would actually be pretty decent
Myiphone7 is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:08 AM   #32
Charadis
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Lol I love the *. That's actually a really good idea I might give that a try.

I know iPhone 5 S is around the corner but I'll get to enjoy it until then. Thanks man!
No problem. Best of luck to ya. You might try doing the unlock first before selling account; don't know how it works, but just in case you need AT&T account to restore and activate, whatevz. My Verizon iP5 came unlocked out of box, and I just popped in my AT&T sim. iPhone 5S may not be around for another year, but that's your choice. Never know what Apple will pull with their release structure. Sent from my iPhone 5.
Charadis is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:10 AM   #33
XboxMySocks
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitpunch.ben View Post
Rogers... IIRC 6GB cost something ridiculous like that. (100Mb a month costs $10)

Quote:

Canadian Cell service. Not in US
XboxMySocks is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:15 AM   #34
fruitpunch.ben
macrumors 6502

Quote:

----------

Fido is a major carrier, owned by Rogers. They are available everywhere Rogers is, which is everywhere
iPhone 5 64GB Black
fruitpunch.ben is offline   0
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:20 AM   #35
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

Quote:
You'd be an excellent politician.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland