Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:26 PM   #1
mandrack111
macrumors newbie

Iphone 4 shuts down and stuck on logo when on power

Iphone 4, IOS 6,
factory unlocked, never jailbroken, not under waranty anymore

Few days ago, the phone just went off. It did not fall down, it was in my pocket.
It was not reacting to power button and it could not be turned on.

When connected to USB, the phone goes to apple logo, then again shuts down. This repeats and gets stuck on the logo. Otherwise, if not connected to USB, the phone is off.
When put in the restore DFU mode, itunes gives error 2001 (like it is problem with the cable)
After a while, I managed to restore it.
Then, the phone turns on normaly. And it is functioning normaly. Everything on the phone works perfectly when it is on- Wifi, camera, network, battery charging....

Then, again after few hours it shuts down, and it is not reacting. Same problem appears when connected to USB. Goes back to logo, and it is difficult to put it out of logo mode.
If disconnected from USB charger, it shuts down immidiatelly.

If in that state, I hit the phone on the flat surface, it turns on and working normally again.

I would suppose that it is some hardware issue inside, might be a cable, connector or something else. Really do not know, this is a guess.
Would appreciate any input/ help on what might be causing this

thanks
mandrack111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 02:29 PM   #2
mjsanders5uk
macrumors member

Hi there.

Did you get anywhere this with this?

This is exactly what has happened to me.

I finally bit the bullet on Saturday and went for the "Nuclear" option of putting the phone into recovery mode and restoring it as a new phone.

That still didn't solve the problem so today I went to Covent Gdn genius where I was told my phone had a hardware problem.

I said that was a remarkable coincidence that my phone developed a hardware fault at the same time I installed iOS6 as the phone was absolutely fine before hand.
mjsanders5uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsanders5uk View Post
Hi there.

Did you get anywhere this with this?

This is exactly what has happened to me.

I finally bit the bullet on Saturday and went for the "Nuclear" option of putting the phone into recovery mode and restoring it as a new phone.

That still didn't solve the problem so today I went to Covent Gdn genius where I was told my phone had a hardware problem.

I said that was a remarkable coincidence that my phone developed a hardware fault at the same time I installed iOS6 as the phone was absolutely fine before hand.
It can happen believe it or not.
Not every iphone that got updated to 6.0 remarkably broke like yours
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:06 PM   #4
mjsanders5uk
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
It can happen believe it or not.
Not every iphone that got updated to 6.0 remarkably broke like yours
No I accept that not every phone had a problem. One would be a remarkable coincidence but two ... there is something else going on.

I am fairly sure that no physical damage happened in the intervening period between my installing iOS6 it exhibiting the issue - about 2 hours there was no physical damage so I would be gobsmacked if there really is some hardware fault.
mjsanders5uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:36 PM   #5
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

The hard part is proving it and convincing them.
They probably heard all kinds of stories.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:41 PM   #6
jijih
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsanders5uk View Post
No I accept that not every phone had a problem. One would be a remarkable coincidence but two ... there is something else going on.

I am fairly sure that no physical damage happened in the intervening period between my installing iOS6 it exhibiting the issue - about 2 hours there was no physical damage so I would be gobsmacked if there really is some hardware fault.
same here! factory unlocked iphone 4, was off during the night battery was 89% before i slept, then nothing in the morning, connected it to the charger forced power, then showed connect to itunes, connected, updated to ios 6, restored as a new phone. first gave error 21 then restored fine and itunes shows the phone but it s stuck in a reboot loop.
i called apple they said i hv to bring the phone n pay for a replacement. they dt care to solve any prob
did any of u get ur phone to work? it's been 10 days now
jijih is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting