Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
So I have a normal everyday 8GB flash drive with some work on it. I plugged it into the computer, it was opened from the package minutes before, and had never been used. I dropped the files on the disk, it said it copied, So i ejected and went about my day.
Next day, flash drive has nothing on it, but when i open the info, it says it is using up 4GB, of the 8. So, how exactly can i fix this? Im on a macbook pro, and every other flash drive has worked fine, i dont understand what could have happened. Im fine with clearing it, but it wont let me, as the drive doesnt show any content, or in my trash bin. :confused::confused:

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
Could be a counterfeit flash drive. Some of those will report more space than actually exists till you try to use it.

it came in a two pack, and the other is fine. it's not even the space issue. it's that when i try to copy it to the drive, it just disappears, and says its unable to connect

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
it came in a two pack, and the other is fine. it's not even the space issue. it's that when i try to copy it to the drive, it just disappears, and says its unable to connect
Most products today are so well made, that we tend to get spoiled with fault free purchases. Since you got two & one is fine, I'd say you simply got one that's defective.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.