[iPad Mini] Who's bought the mini from best buy and why? - Page 3 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:43 PM   #51
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023 View Post
That's the problem is that there is no set guideline to what they determine to be excessive. After reading the forum on Best Buys site I saw quite a few Silver members like myself that got cut off for not that many returns/price matches. If they said a certain amount cannot be returned over X period then at least we would know but they don't do that. They just cut you off when they feel like it. At least they give you a warning though and don't reject your return but still I spend too much money there to be accused of excessive returning. I'd rather just take my business elsewhere. If I wasn't a Silver member it wouldn't be as bad but knowing that I spend a lot of money there it makes it unbelievable that they treat loyal customers like that.
My local BB said it's 3 returns in 30 days. I have no idea if that's actually true, but there you go.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:08 PM   #52
Kayakphotos
macrumors member

I figured that they would have the most in my area on launch day. I was there 2 hours early and was #4 in line.

iPad Air 16gb black
iPhone 5c 16gb blue
Kayakphotos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:44 PM   #53
IXDoubleDXI
macrumors regular

Was able to get a 32gb and camera kit for about $100 out of pocket. Had $260 from RZ points, $105 from BB gift cards. Didn't need anything else from BB, so it was my smartest option.
IXDoubleDXI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:23 PM   #54
makotoisle
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
My local BB said it's 3 returns in 30 days. I have no idea if that's actually true, but there you go.
]

I think this makes sense. I too am a Silver member that has been cut off from returns. I bought my iPad Mini at the Apple Store - the only place with a white one in stock. I immediately took it to Best Buy to have a Zagg installed and to find a sleeve. After an hour and a half and 5 boxes of them failing to install the Zagg over and over, they refunded my install fee and gave me 20% off an iPhone 5 case. The next day I had to return the iPad sleeve I bought - it was designed for something more like a 7" tablet and wouldn't fit the Mini. I also asked to exchange my iPhone 5 case for a white version instead of black one that I got yesterday and they printed out a slip saying I couldn't return anything for 90 days.

The only other time I've been in a Best Buy in the past six months was three weeks prior to have a Zagg put on my new iPhone 5, and I definitely didn't make any returns. I'm still awaiting my "report" from the agency.
makotoisle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:47 AM   #55
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by makotoisle View Post
]

I think this makes sense. I too am a Silver member that has been cut off from returns. I bought my iPad Mini at the Apple Store - the only place with a white one in stock. I immediately took it to Best Buy to have a Zagg installed and to find a sleeve. After an hour and a half and 5 boxes of them failing to install the Zagg over and over, they refunded my install fee and gave me 20% off an iPhone 5 case. The next day I had to return the iPad sleeve I bought - it was designed for something more like a 7" tablet and wouldn't fit the Mini. I also asked to exchange my iPhone 5 case for a white version instead of black one that I got yesterday and they printed out a slip saying I couldn't return anything for 90 days.

The only other time I've been in a Best Buy in the past six months was three weeks prior to have a Zagg put on my new iPhone 5, and I definitely didn't make any returns. I'm still awaiting my "report" from the agency.
You'd think us silver members would be exempt from that. I had to return one Mini and exchange another so I've got to stay clear from BB for the next month in case I have to return something.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:57 AM   #56
macjram
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibility View Post
Hmm... 18 months to pay. Triple Reward Zone member points. That's 3,449 points. That's about $70 in certificates. I purchased 2 iPad mini 64 GB model with accessories. I can return it by 01.24.2013. It's there holiday policy.
That's crazy hahah

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad