Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Favourite Design?

• Original iPhone - plastic

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • iPhone 4/4s -stainless steel and glass

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • MBP/MBA/iPads - silver finished anodised aluminium

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • iPhone 5/iPad mini/iPod touch - anodised aluminium in varying colours

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • iPods - Chrome and plastic

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other designs I havent mentioned

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters

PowerPCMacMan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
PowerPC land
With Apple moving in the direction of the consumer and not pro, I don't expect the next Mac Pro to even be a Mac Pro as we know it. It could be a hybrid of a Mac Mini Pro or half iMac half Mac Pro..

I think the days of highly expandable Mac Pro cheese grater type machines is on the serious decline. The next "wonderful" that Tim Cook mentioned will most likely be a less upgradable Mac Pro like machine.

I suspect the 09 and 10 Mac Pros will double in their resale value, esp with the 4,1 to 5,1 firmware..

Again, speculations.

Do you think the new Mac Pro will still look like that? :)

Micky Do

macrumors 68020
Aug 31, 2012
a South Pacific island
Mac Mini

I wanted a computer that was easily transportable (by a life long motorcyclist, who has moved quite often), but not a portable. The Mac Mini was just what I wanted, so i bought one.

The 2005 had it shortcomings, most of which were addressed by the early 2009 I replaced it with. Up dated recently with more RAM and Mountain Lion, it will probably see me right for a few more years, and eventually be replaced by another Mac Mini.

I neither own, nor lust after any other Apple product, and probably never will. I got my first digital camera about mid 2012, but otherwise my life has remained fairly low tech, and happily so.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
I liked the original iPhone design (the metal one, not the plastic ones the OP mentions). I also like the iPad mini design, it's very comfortable to hold.

adamjackdrew

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2010
Mine has to be the Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh, closely followed by the G4 iMac.

I wonder whether Apple will do another special birthday edition Mac (or iDevice). Would be good - and I'd be first in line!

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
The eMac, but only from the front. Once you see its a 50 lb bulb with really no easy way to carry it a medium-long distance (such as from my car to a 2nd story apartment) you start to hate them.

The eMac was kinda pretty, but just an upscaled iMac G3. And indeed, try carrying one with bad caps through a carpark, up a street, into a repair shop...

Mine has to be the Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh, closely followed by the G4 iMac.

I wonder whether Apple will do another special birthday edition Mac (or iDevice). Would be good - and I'd be first in line!

Still love my TAM too...

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
iPhone 4. It was a sharp yet elegant departure from its rounded predecessors.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Definitely the Mac Pro. This computer is incredibly easy to work with when it comes to cleaning, and upgrading components. Really a joy to use and top quality throughout for professionals. Externally it succeeds in lots of ventilation, and internally it is leaps and bounds better than anything else I've seen out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.