Best Mother's Day gifts suggestions and ideas - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Themegamacman
macrumors member

Best Mother's Day gifts suggestions and ideas

Hey everyone! Thought I'd start a thread that we can use to help get some creative juices flowing for Mother's Day gift ideas and inspiration. I'm sure since this is an Apple forum, many of these ideas will be apple accessory related, and that's fine, but try and add some non tech related suggestions as well. Anyway here's somewhere to start for ideas.
Themegamacman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 09:42 PM   #2
blevins321
macrumors 68030

I got my mom a whiskey barrel. Before you call me crazy lol, I mean that literally. One of the old fashioned individual-board barrels.

She just had her condo patio redone due to a termite issue and replaced a bunch of planting areas with concrete. So I got her the barrel and I'm going to fill it with dirt and give it to her to let her plant her favorite flowers in it. :-)
Old May 1, 2012, 09:48 PM   #3
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins321 View Post
I got my mom a whiskey barrel. Before you call me crazy lol, I mean that literally. One of the old fashioned individual-board barrels.

She just had her condo patio redone due to a termite issue and replaced a bunch of planting areas with concrete. So I got her the barrel and I'm going to fill it with dirt and give it to her to let her plant her favorite flowers in it. :-)
That is totally awesome!
Old May 2, 2012, 12:20 AM   #4
waloshin
macrumors 68030

A) Your presence, and your love.

B) Think about what she did/does for you. Do her laundry, tidy up after her, cook for her etc for the day.

2008 Macbook Unibody 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo
waloshin is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 07:18 AM   #5
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Are you going to cut it in half??

She may have issues with rust from the end band.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	halves-big.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	338188  
iJohnHenry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 09:38 PM   #6
mfuchs88
macrumors 6502

Quote:

You should find out what her favorites are and plant them before you give it to her, so she gets more than just a pot of dirt. Love the idea though!!

It's like dropping a baby. It'll seem fine but get demented as time progresses. - Alienworkshoper
mfuchs88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 06:34 AM   #7
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuchs88 View Post
You should find out what her favorites are and plant them before you give it to her, so she gets more than just a pot of dirt. Love the idea though!!
You got a fork-lift truck handy?
iJohnHenry is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 12:49 PM   #8
blevins321
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuchs88 View Post
Cool idea - I want it to be a surprise though so I'd have to move it in without her noticing. I'll have to move it empty to her patio then bring in dirt. I thought about getting the flowers too, but she likes to go around and actually pick ones that suite her current mood. Plus, she doesn't get many opportunities to plant anymore, so this will be one of those.
Old May 3, 2012, 02:26 PM   #9
mfuchs88
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Cool idea - I want it to be a surprise though so I'd have to move it in without her noticing. I'll have to move it empty to her patio then bring in dirt. I thought about getting the flowers too, but she likes to go around and actually pick ones that suite her current mood. Plus, she doesn't get many opportunities to plant anymore, so this will be one of those.
Oh I was under the impression you would some how give her the pot already filled with dirt. That's why I added the flower idea. What if you got her a small gift card to somewhere where she could buy the flowers. It doesn't take much to buy flowers or seeds, and it would really complete the gift! Still love the idea and might need to steal it actually. I'm talking to my sister about it right now! I'd say for a 15 year old like myself, it's not a bad gift! Thanks for the idea!

It's like dropping a baby. It'll seem fine but get demented as time progresses. - Alienworkshoper
mfuchs88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 10:00 AM   #10
jasko
macrumors 6502

Anything else? lol
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:32 PM   #11
WhiteIphone5
Banned

I made my mom a delicious breakfast, took her out to eat at a fancy resturant. Bought her an Apple TV and also a nice coat
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:23 AM   #12
designs216
macrumors 65816

QT is probably the best one I've seen but beyond that, how about hiring a service to clean her house? This is great for the elderly.

Another gift my mum really likes is a calendar. I take the photos from the previous year and build a memento complete with family members' birthdays.
designs216 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:25 AM   #13
eawmp1
macrumors 601

Magic Mike on Bluray
eawmp1 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2014, 07:06 PM   #14
Apple fanboy
macrumors 601

Take her out for a nice meal or other activity. As a dad spending time with your kid is so much better than any gift you could buy.
How about enrol in a fun class together (like pottery or painting) or some other joint activity?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 08:56 PM   #15
The Doctor11
macrumors 68020

What I do is make a card on Microsoft word and print it out. The key is to write a awesome paragraph in it.
The Doctor11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2014, 03:24 AM   #16
thatoneguy82
macrumors Demi-God

This is the first Mother's Day that I won't be celebrating since my mom passed last July. But, when she was around, I used to just say "I'm your present!" And she would always say, "Can I return it?" And of course I say, "All sales Final". Haha.

Some Mother's Day though, me and my siblings might pool together and get something for my mom, like jewelry or a couture brand like Chanel and Gucci. If not that, I sometimes take her out to dinner/meal and we just talk, which is nice. A one-on-one talk over a meal in a restaurant with your mom is a great experience.
thatoneguy82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2014, 08:39 PM   #17
sliceoftoast
macrumors regular

I normally get mother some of the wine she likes, or a voucher for her favourite store around town.

It puts a big smile on her face thats the main thing
Old Apr 17, 2014, 08:45 PM   #18
richwoodrocket
macrumors 65816

Chocolate.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 06:34 PM   #19
RawBert
macrumors 68000

Diamond and gold tennis bracelet. Flowers.

Oh, and don't forget the Hallmark card. They love that.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 09:33 PM   #20
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68030

A cute puppy?

LIVEFRMNYC is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Tags
gift ideas, macbook, mothers day, mothers day gifts