Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Mine has been, looks really unattractive unlike the iphone 4 which the glass could be replaced easy..but the plastic looked a little scruffy. The metal band round the side is easy dented if it drops though.

Looks bad enough for me to maybe buy a replacement.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Mine has been, looks really unattractive unlike the iphone 4 which the glass could be replaced easy..but the plastic looked a little scruffy. The metal band round the side is easy dented if it drops though.

How the hell do you handle your phone lmao?

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA

Why don't you just put a thin case on it?

Cripps

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2011
Dropped my naked a couple of times from chair height to wooden floor without any signs of damage. :)

srcstc

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
They make these things called "cases". They seem to be working well for me. ;)

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
dropped my 5 on the road. and it has three dents right below the lightning port and speakers. they look horrible.!

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Mine looks great (hope it stays that way). I only have a clear glasslike sticker on either side so it's protected against potential scratches. Anyway, I would NEVER put my phone in a case. It totally defeats the purpose of its lightness and thinness. Also, if it matters, it becomes discernible as to which phone you have. It's like driving a luxury car that's encased, except windows, wheels, etc, because you don't want anything bad to happen to it.

In short, I would rather pay for a replacement than buy a case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.